NewEgg Open Box Sale - Lots of Server Gear

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Dark

Mar 9, 2019
Grabbed the MegaRAID 9460-16i. Great deal, thanks for the heads up.

Reactions: Samir

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
$219 for an open box Rosewill 600w PSU is beyond ridiculous. I hardly ever buy anything from Newegg anymore because their deals are anything but.

Markess

May 19, 2018
Northern California
My bad. Didn't click on it so didn't see it was a pack of 10.
It's a seriously disorganized set of pages....RAM and Servers mixed in with the networking, mislabeled items, and of course "Packs of 10"...but only if you click on it!

There's some decently priced fiber cables, especially if you need odd combinations with ST, FC, SC, etc. connectors.

Markess

May 19, 2018
Northern California
10 power supplies for $12 each? that's bonkers.
Yeah, I thought about that for a minute. I build a lot of boxes for myself and others. $12 a piece is pretty sweet.

But, the spouse (who's moderately tech savvy herself) made me promise to try to be good to the earth and use only Gold or higher rated PSUs, even if they cost more. Definitely worse things in the world than a spouse that makes you promise not to buy low end gear ;).

Reactions: itronin and Samir

Markess

May 19, 2018
Northern California
I must be doing it wrong. :(
I would think if you can master CDW’s clearance listings, you would be the master of anyone’s clearance listings! :D

Try looking in Networking. Lots of (non-networking) server gear there. I have no idea why. Although, I recall that they used to put all the ECC memory in “Networking” and not “Memory” on the main site when I was still buying my memory new. So maybe that’s just one of their quirks!

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
I would think if you can master CDW’s clearance listings, you would be the master of anyone’s clearance listings! :D

Try looking in Networking. Lots of (non-networking) server gear there. I have no idea why. Although, I recall that they used to put all the ECC memory in “Networking” and not “Memory” on the main site when I was still buying my memory new. So maybe that’s just one of their quirks!
I know! It really befuddles me. :(

Thank you for the tips--I'll try again--again. :D

Samir

Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
Found some decent stuff, but it's a bit hard to find the real deals with the msrps, ancient stuff, and multiple discounts listed. :confused:

Reactions: Markess

Dark

Mar 9, 2019
That was a very good price! Those things go for close to $900 nowadays!
Oddly enough I was in the market for a 12gb raid controller that worked well with SSDs, up until seeing this deal I kept going back to the H730P.

Saw some on eBay in the low $600 range so I figured the risk was low to give it a shot while being able to get my money back if it didn’t work out.

Reactions: Sleyk and Samir

canta

Nov 26, 2014
I bought doorbell ipcam for $85, the average good price ~$140. that would be adding to my zoneminder.
but....
was looking for cube case,seeing lian li 08rgb for $175, but see-ing non rgb one for $150. finally bought non rgb for $150

^&*(, I should stay away from sth for saving money hahahahahah

Samir

Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
I bought doorbell ipcam for $85, the average good price ~$140. that would be adding to my zoneminder.
but....
was looking for cube case,seeing lian li 08rgb for $175, but see-ing non rgb one for $150. finally bought non rgb for $150

^&*(, I should stay away from sth for saving money hahahahahah
But it costs money to save money! --STH :D

Reactions: Sleyk

dwright1542

Dec 26, 2015
Holy cow was this a good link. I got a TON of Sonicwall gear for insane prices that wasn't actually Open Box, and a heap of fairly large APC's. Insane pricing.