New Supermicro chassi SC847 (super quiet)

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Sejtan

Oct 3, 2020
Hi my internet friends,

I am considering investing in a new SC847 chassis. It sounds pretty much. If I buy new fans Noctua NF-A6x25 PWM or FAN-0104L4
and replace them, I can minimize noise level. Chassi has two PWS-1K28P-SQ 1280W.
20-10-02 13-30-40 0205.mov

Njanja

pricklypunter

Nov 10, 2015
Canada
Yes, the main thing is to pay attention to the noise level in the future.
The main thing is to pay attention to your cooling requirements. If you can quieten things down and stay in the safe zone for your requirements, all the better :)

i386

Mar 18, 2016
Germany
With 36+ bays in 4u I wouldn't replace the stock fans with low noise/rpm/airflow consumer ones...

Sejtan

Oct 3, 2020
Hey all

Does anyone know if my fans are connected to the motherboard or back panel. See picture.
kontakter.jpg

Falloutboy

Oct 23, 2011
What does BM mean?
I think he means MB and if I am right I count 4 but I don't know the board very well, four white ones up the right hand side one of which is slightly obscured by the air shroud and I thought there was
1 up the top but it's actually the power supply SMB Bus connector.

Being that there are only heatsinks on the board and it's all passive I would assume just because there are fan headers connected that they would be what is controlling the midplane fan array.

Last edited:

Sejtan

Oct 3, 2020
I think he means MB and if I am right I count 4 but I don't know the board very well, four white ones up the right hand side one of which is slightly obscured by the air shroud and I thought there was
1 up the top but it's actually the power supply SMB Bus connector.

Being that there are only heatsinks on the board and it's all passive I would assume just because there are fan headers connected that they would be what is controlling the midplane fan array.
Hi

All 7 fans are connected to the motherboard.
After I invested in new fans, and processor fans, now the server is completely silent. Super happy