Canada [NEW LOT] ASROCK X7P-MB REV. 1.02 LGA3647 FPGA C626 SR3HH

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

applepi

Jun 15, 2013
the second LAN connector... can not read the writings ! can you ?
View attachment 22274
it is some propriätrary (2mm pitch ?) 18 pin header, 90 degree angled or similar.
It looks like it's missing the supporting NIC hardware. I'd look for a diff pair from the BMC to the PHYs at the back. They may have just been using the BMC as a watchdog and sensor/fan control.

Alex0220

Feb 13, 2021
I don't think I'm going to succeed with this approach. Are there any PCI IPMI adapters that are not crazy expensive?

RolloZ170

Apr 24, 2016
I don't think I'm going to succeed with this approach. Are there any PCI IPMI adapters that are not crazy expensive?
there is a new Card form ASUS. but only working with some ASUS boards. The Card must have connection to the sensors, the orig. BMC must be removed thought. better you buy other cheap used board with IPMI already on board.

oneplane

Jul 23, 2021
If you just want remote KVM and power on/off and don't actually need the BMC features at all you can just get a TinyPilot or the other version instead. GPIO to control power and read the power led, video in to see the display, USB to emulate keyboard, mouse and storage.

The problem with BMCs and IPMI is that they are highly specific to the PCH and devices found on the LPC/eSPI, SMBus and (virtual) ISA buses. Essentially: they need to deal with the hardware as it is hardwired and they need to know the addresses of the devices ahead of time too since they do this without PnP or ACPI.

Alex0220

Feb 13, 2021
I've opened a refund request with theseller.

I noticed that not all memory channels are working(A1,B2) and the BMC behaves very weird and reboots constantly.

This is not in a "used" condition but rather a "For parts" one

Alex0220

Feb 13, 2021
I'll take a crack at this board when the CPU comes in tonight.
Good luck. I now know why one memory channel does not work. The board arrived
like this. I checked all the pins for damage but I did not see any. Upon checking again I noticed two bent pins. I'll try to bend them back.

The packaging looked like it had been driven over 20 times.

oneplane

Jul 23, 2021
Good luck. I now know why one memory channel does not work. The board arrived
like this. I checked all the pins for damage but I did not see any. Upon checking again I noticed two bent pins. I'll try to bend them back.

The packaging looked like it had been driven over 20 times.
So in theory, 1 bent pin per 10 drives-over-the-package :D

Alex0220

Feb 13, 2021
The board is back to life. I fixed the bent pins.

Seems like only one of the two 10G nics are working as stated in the chinese forum.

Last edited:

Alex0220

Feb 13, 2021
the socket protector is clicked in, NO WAY it dropped by itself.
the seller has no clue. beware.
These boards have probably been stolen from some enployee at Akamai or in a chinese/taiwanese factory at ASRock. I think someone sold those boards to the US and off they went to this seller

Alex0220

Feb 13, 2021
Where can I get ASRock BMC flash chips? I want to try putting one in from some 3647 Board and test if the BMC works.