Canada [NEW LOT] ASROCK X7P-MB REV. 1.02 LGA3647 FPGA C626 SR3HH

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Vit K

Feb 23, 2017
Very cheap and very weird socket 3647 motherboards are on sale from Canada's big seller.

At least 3 lots already sold, I'm really wonder if anyone from here got one of those: https://www.ebay.com/itm/ASROCK-X7P-MB-REV-1-02-LGA3647-FPGA-C626-SR3HH-SERVER-MOTHERBOARD-UNTESTED/

Strange form factor (might fit in eATX anyway), no video output, very good set of ports and standard power connector. Looks new.

I can't find this board on Asrock site, in servers or motherboard sections. If I was not very caution about anything Asrock rack do, I would buy it. Biut taking in account, that every Asrock Rack product I experienced was flawed and died, I am curious if this boards are really just untested or another mass failure RMA.

After searching the forum proper way, I guess this is the related thread: https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/dual-xeon-d.27761/page-6. @zjr8 have one, and seller even registered here. Password for BIOS is AK4MA1 that explains where these come from and what are they for (and that infosec is not very good at AKMAI).

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: Bradford and gb00s

Spartus

Mar 28, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Nice Find. I'm tempted since its so cheap, and asrock has some boards that work with those 8124m's on ebay, maybe you can get double lucky.

that being said, this is so awkward to use compared to a conventional ATX single socket board, I think I might just rather buy a retail board.

Emtu

Nov 14, 2014
Gone. I purchased one and will post more info when (if) I get it up and running.

Reactions: Vit K

Spartus

Mar 28, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Board arrived well packaged earlier this week. Still waiting on CPU/RAM to arrive.
Thanks! This seller worries be with a lot of nonsense in the dual Xeon D Thread, and then on top of all the reverse engineering people had to do to get it working, like password (which hopefully is either the same or not an issue here).

gb00s

Jul 25, 2018
Poland
Why, are you familiar with this board?
I heard, unconfirmed, these are cluster boards for big ML units. Ex-colleague from an Ireland quant shop said he may saw these boards in these units with huge storage behind them.

Last edited:

gb00s

Jul 25, 2018
Poland
Just talked to AsRock today. These boards where build for one specific company they can not disclose.

@Emtu ... does your board work. I contacted the seller for shipment to EU and he never replied. Can you provide some more photos from the board itself?

Spartus

Mar 28, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Just talked to AsRock today. These boards where build for one specific company they can not disclose.

@Emtu ... does your board work. I contacted the seller for shipment to EU and he never replied. Can you provide some more photos from the board itself?
gb00s, ill reship to europe if you want. Incremental shipping price for domestic purchase is only $5

Reactions: gb00s

erunno

Mar 26, 2020
New batch still available:

Very curious if QL1K and QL1M will work. If yes, this is a deal of the year.
I have been shortly checking the wikipedia entry for the LGA3647, cause that is completly new territory for me and sorry to (probabaly) disapoint you, but according to the fotos on ebay, the MB seems to be for LGA3647-1 (socket P1, "narrow") used for Xeon Phi x200 processors and not for the LGA3647-0 (socket P0, "square") used for Skylake-SP and Cascade Lake-SP/AP processors...
So probably it is the best deal of the year, but only for the people who has a use case for Xeon Phi... ;-)

Emtu

Nov 14, 2014
I haven't got the board online. I'm still waiting for the memory to arrive and on top of that the seller I ordered the CPU from last week decided to cancel it yesterday, though if @erunno is correct about the Xeon Phi support then I might've dodged a bullet. Unsure how to proceed now but those Xeon Phi chips are actually kinda cheap so now I'm curious.

Here's some photos of the socket:

Here's some components, if you want me to focus on something in particular just ask:

Some things are indicative of being a storage related system like those white TRAY and RAID headers. Wouldn't Xeon Phi be an odd choice for a storage system?