New Laptop advice

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

amalurk

Dec 16, 2016
I am out of the loop on current Dell, HP etc...laptops and need some advice.

My wife needs a new laptop. She does photo editing on it, mostly Lightroom and not a lot of processing so I think we are fine with midrange processor and 16gtb ram, maybe 32gb would be nice. She does need a nice better than HD screen and we really prefer one that fits a 2.5inch drive so I can stick a large sata SSD in it 4TB or more. We have generally bought Dell or HP over last 20 years for this purpose. 13-15 inch screen, good keyboard. I suppose there are 4TB 2280 NVME SSDs that might work too as long as the one that comes with that laptop can be replaced and there wouldn't be doubled sided not fitting/heat issues doing so.

Any suggestions of specific models for those who buy for corporate or otherwise that fit the requirements?

Edit: Some auto affiliate thing for forums is putting link on the word laptop, not me, ignore it.

cbarbie

Mar 10, 2011
US-VA
I have purchased a few ASUS laptops. My latest was a ASUS VivoBook Pro 17 -N705UQ-EB76 in 2020.

SSD & a spinner for storage
Built in GPU
CPU i7-7500U
Card reader

It has traveled with me several thousand miles with no issues, other than what I caused.
About a year ago, it fell 3 feet and a piece of the bottom cracked and broke off. It still ran great. I opened it up and superglued it back together.

My older ones have been repurposed to nieces and nephews.

Reactions: amalurk