New Fujitsu D3348-B23 Motherboard (LGA2011-3), $200 OBO ($140 accepted), Ebay

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

chinesestunna

Jan 23, 2015
Just look at the power delivery. This is not as easy to adjust as the D3348-B23.

When I see the power delivery layout, how did you manage to connect it to the standard connectors?
That... looks... messed up. How many power connectors does one need. Jeez

DieBlub

Dec 11, 2017
Just as an FYI. There are so many connectors because it's all 12V. It has to step down the voltage for HDDs and such on the board (afaik) and has output connectors going to the drives. There is a second version of the R940 with a POWER suffix - I suppose the upped the psu for the highest end cpus and to support as many gpus as possible - I think it has up to a 1300W PSU.
Speaking of which, if you want to take a look at those to get an idea regarding the connectors you are looking for model numbers such as CPB09-044A or CPB09-043A or S13-1K0P1A (1000W; power ratings here) and DPS-1300JB XX (where XX is A-Z; 1300W; ratings here). It's all 12V with 11VAUX probably for VSB. But all of those PSUS go for 200-400€. You could potentially rewire an ATX PSU or another 12V only one like the DPS-1200FB (20€ on ebay) and modify the 5V or 12V VSB respectively to drive this board.
For other Fujitsu boards people over computerbase have been able to do some modifications successfully. Also there might be some useful info here. Finally, afaik these boards have an 8pin header to talk to the PSU(fan; PMBUS maybe?); I read somewhere that older versions R920 (?) started without it connected but that might not be the case here.
So, anyone who wants to run this board without spending heaps of cash on the proprietary PSU is in for locating a lot of pinouts and trail and error, but it should be possible. I got into this for the R920 a few years ago, but abandoned it after doing the research because it seemed not worth it with chinese x79s popping for cheaper. Hope that's helpful.

Also here's a photo of the DPS-1300JB for reference. As you see it also goes by S26113-E588-V50-01.

Markess

May 19, 2018
Northern California
Just to clarify, the posts in the thread have moved over to Fujitsu boards that are either different models entirely, or different variants of the one in the original post. All of these other boards, as the posts point out, have proprietary connectors.

The one in the original post has standard ATX connectors and doesn’t have the proprietary PSU management connector. I’ve got my board running just fine on an ATX PSU with standard unmodified cabling.

Just be aware that the -A revisions don't support v4 Xeons
Thanks! Lots of variations out there. I didn’t research the -A models at all, but I did learn that the -B1 don’t support v4 (Broadwell) either, as I noted previously. So I think B2 (and -B2x), which do support v4 CPUs and have standard ATX connectors, are the variants with the most flexibility and compatibility with standard components

Reactions: xeonguy

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
Hm now you got me thinking...
I am not entirely sure any more if it was an -A model I had before my current one, maybe it was B1 after all and I just remember it incorrectly; its been a while.
So take my statement with a grain of salt

gb00s

Jul 25, 2018
Poland
Just to clarify, the posts in the thread have moved over to Fujitsu boards that are either different models entirely, or different variants of the one in the original post. All of these other boards, as the posts point out, have proprietary connectors. The one in the original post has standard ATX connectors and doesn’t have the proprietary PSU management connector. I’ve got my board running just fine on an ATX PSU with standard unmodified cabling.
Just wanted to point out and warn people that there are indeed other variations than D3348-B23 which have the same layout, but different connectors. If you just search for D3348 on eBay or elsewhere you often get the boards with the proprietary connectors. Someone might get the board he doesn't want. Missing information & warnings cost money & time.

Markess

May 19, 2018
Northern California
Just wanted to point out and warn people that there are indeed other variations than D3348-B23 which have the same layout, but different connectors. If you just search for D3348 on eBay or elsewhere you often get the boards with the proprietary connectors. Someone might get the board he doesn't want. Missing information & warnings cost money & time.
You are absolutely right of course, and I agree totally. Thank you for all the research you did and for bringing it to everyone's attention. My apologies if it seemed otherwise.

I'm sure a lot of us can decipher the features and layout of a Supermicro board just from the name, but these are definitely more of an unknown. And as you make clear, the suffix on these board's model numbers can represent a major hardware variant, rather than just features. So, not a good idea to make any assmuptions.

Thanks again.

Last edited:
Reactions: chinesestunna

koifish59

Sep 30, 2020
I'm looking to pick up this board too. Can anyone help me confirm if there are overclocking or undervolting features in the BIOS? This would be a bonus to tinker with :D

Markess

May 19, 2018
Northern California
I'm looking to pick up this board too. Can anyone help me confirm if there are overclocking or undervolting features in the BIOS? This would be a bonus to tinker with :D
I'm not seeing anything for either one in my BIOS. Not even Base Clock Frequency. I don't think either one was really important for the entry workstation and server (for the versions that included IPMI) segment these were meant for.

But, I've seen BIOS where features only appear if the CPU supports them, and I don't think mine does (E5-2680 v4). So, not a definitive "no" I suppose.

If you need those features in a Workstation/Server oriented board, I believe ASUS & ASRock had some support in some of their boards and Supermicro had some primitive overclocking , that they called Hyper-Speed (mostly just Base Clock Frequency), in some of their server and workstation boards.

Last edited:
Reactions: koifish59

chinesestunna

Jan 23, 2015
Most folks are playing with Xeon V4s on this board but another option Xeon V3s are cheaper and can be "all core turbo" unlocked via a BIOS microcode mod, sort of a multithread overclock

Prof_G

Jan 16, 2020
Oh one thing others haven't pointed out is this has intel Vpro nic so while its not a true IPMI port it does have remote KVM options.

Reactions: Markess

koifish59

Sep 30, 2020
I just picked up 2 of these motheroboards and 2 E5-2680 v4 to play with :D

From the tested and approved memory list (HERE), are there any differences in performance or reliability between Samsung, Micron, or Hynix RDIMMs? the ddr4-2400 32gb all seem to be around $90 per stick off ebay.

• 32gb M393A4K40CB2-CTD
  • 32gb M393A4K40BB1-CRC
  • 32gb MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G3A1
  • 32gb MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G3B1
  • 32gb HMA84GR7MFR4N-UH
  • 32gb HMA84GR7AFR4N-UH
Which one of those should I pick up? Looking to get 4 sticks per board.

Sonner

Jan 20, 2016
Most folks are playing with Xeon V4s on this board but another option Xeon V3s are cheaper and can be "all core turbo" unlocked via a BIOS microcode mod, sort of a multithread overclock
Has anyone managed to do the CPU microcode mod for "all core turbo unlock"? I found the AMI tool mmtool_a5.exe. I used it to remove the CPU patch from the bios ROM file. I am not sure if this is the proper way to do it. I tried using the dskflash.exe tool to flash this moded bios to the board. The tool complained about invalid file. Then, I skimmed thru the batch scripts. It seems that the input to dskflash.exe is actually the .BUP file rather than the ROM file.
What is the proper way to to this?

Thanks,
Sonner

chinesestunna

Jan 23, 2015
Has anyone managed to do the CPU microcode mod for "all core turbo unlock"? I found the AMI tool mmtool_a5.exe. I used it to remove the CPU patch from the bios ROM file. I am not sure if this is the proper way to do it. I tried using the dskflash.exe tool to flash this moded bios to the board. The tool complained about invalid file. Then, I skimmed thru the batch scripts. It seems that the input to dskflash.exe is actually the .BUP file rather than the ROM file.
What is the proper way to to this?

Thanks,
Sonner
Win-raid forums has. BIOSes for many of the popular X99 boards already patched. I'd check there

larrysb

Nov 7, 2018
I'm in for one. Big fan of the E5-v4 and the x16 layout will accommodate most dual GPU. Dug around and got the manuals and links to the drivers and what not.

jason5060

Mar 30, 2016
I just picked one up as well as an e5-2680v4 and some RAM. Board just arrived but other stuff won't get here for another few days, so unfortunately I get to stare at an empty mobo for the weekend.

tozmo

Feb 1, 2017
Hold up, I'm confused based on page 1. Does a regular consumer PSU work for this board?