"New" 2 TB Hitachi HDD $50

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Boddy

Oct 25, 2014
Go Hard Drive is selling these on EBay, both drives with free shipping & 1 year warrantee:

Sounds like a good deal if they are actually new (can we trust 'Go Hard Drive'?) and with warrantee.

Which drive would you recommend? Perhaps the Enterprise one?

Hitachi Ultrastar 2TB 64MB 7200RPM 3.5" (Enterprise) SATA 6.0Gb/s Hard Drive
Hitachi Ultrastar 2TB 64MB 7200RPM 3.5" (Enterprise) SATA 6.0Gb/s Hard Drive

Hitachi 2TB 64MB Cache 7200RPM 3.5" SATA III Heavy Duty Hard Drive -PC/CCTV DVR
Hitachi 2TB 64MB Cache 7200RPM 3.5" SATA III Heavy Duty Hard Drive -PC/CCTV DVR

james23

Nov 18, 2014
FYI, goHardDrive is selling the same drive on AMAZON, with Prime shipping for 48$ ( i just ordered 2 x for something today), they have the 3.0gb/s ones for 46$ w Prime.
but keep in mind:

GoHardDrive never, NEVER sells NEW hdds -- they might wipe the SMART data but the drives are never new. (i have a thread on this forum detailing my exact experiences calling them out on wiping SMART data and selling drives as new..they made the sistuationright though)

that said, ive always had great experiences with them (and ive only bought Hitachi HUA drives from them).

svt3391

Feb 11, 2016
If you bought "New" drives from them and confirmed those are never "New", how did you ever get great experience? I would just feel that's plain lying. Maybe that's just me, but I doubt the final result will be any good -- unless they refund your money and tell you just to keep it, or at least refund partial the cost so your final cost will be on-par or even lower than those known "used" ones. Otherwise your time is more valuable and mostly wasted.

Boddy

Oct 25, 2014
Thanks @james23 for you invaluable feedback. I was bit cautious in the first place being 'new' at that price.
I'm glad you clarified situation and saved me spending money on goods not as expected.

@svt3391 valid point! I would have expected some compensation would be fair and reasonable.
Perhaps this is what svt3391 meant when he said "..they made the sistuationright though"
cheers

briandm81

Aug 31, 2014
Ive bought stuff from there for years. You just have to set expectations for the price that you pay. They provide good service so I can't really complain.

Crazy Goat

Jun 7, 2016
I've been buying my Hitachi 2TBs from GoHardDrive despite not being the cheapest vendor.

1 year warranty was the initial draw - but ultimately it became the convenience of knowing I didn't need to label my drives (or keep track of serial numbers) to make sure I could RMA them to the correct seller.