Network Monitoring Advice

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

ecosse

Jul 2, 2013
Hi

After some advice - I have three internet connections and a bunch of services that consume them. The majority of these are hosted on VMware ESXi, but there is the odd tablet / phone /physical PC as well. I want a basic monitoring webpage that shows utilisation so I can move around services based on usage patterns (automated would be fantastic but manual is fine) Just about all the internet connectivity comes to a central point - a Mikrotik CSS326-24G-2S+RM. I'm going to look at Zabbix for the overall port utilisation and hopefully some sort of layer 3 graphics but anything anyone has used for this kind of thing before?

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
I use librenms & weathermap plugin.
That plugin is available for a bunch of NMS' so pick your poison...

Reactions: ecosse

azev

Jan 18, 2013
I really like observium for this purposes and best of all it is free and super easy to setup.

Jan 4, 2014
been using zabbix for a very long time now.using it to montoring bout everything from networking , storage and vmware.

if you're using multiple sites, take a look at their proxy

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A5010 met Tapatalk

ecosse

Jul 2, 2013
Thanks all - I'm looking at Zabbix and librenms. The latter appears to be a fork of observium but has alerts for the community edition. Plus the lead dev of Observium appears to be a right @rse from what I read!!

Reactions: fohdeesha

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
Thanks all - I'm looking at Zabbix and librenms. The latter appears to be a fork of observium but has alerts for the community edition. Plus the lead dev of Observium appears to be a right @rse from what I read!!
Yes thats what moved from (evaluating) Observium too;)