Needing some help with a x10sl7-f

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Spaceghost

Jun 8, 2018
I purchased a x10sl7-f mother board and ram from new egg. I had the server boot up once currently and now cant get it back. I can log into ipmi and control everything along with restarting and power controls but i have no access to do anything else. when I click on hardware information is sees everything in the system including cpu and ram. what else could I look at adding to help? Im trying to build a home server with unraid or some similar OS. When I power the system on all of the lights on the board are green. Except the one next to the processor on the board(leds2) which has nothing to do with the processor I think.(sas?) Anyone have anything I can try? It booted once with my 4690k I wonder if its the processor.

Last edited:

pricklypunter

Nov 10, 2015
Canada
Clear the CMOS and try that. Also make sure that the board is not shorting on something, like an unused standoff, backplate tongue etc etc. Make sure all your power supply connectors are properly seated, including any 4/ 8 pin ones. Pull the CPU and clean the pads, then inspect the socket for any bent pins before re-installing it. Make sure it's seated properly and that the heatsink is in good contact with it. Double check that you have known compatible RAM and if that's the case, pull and re-seat it all and test it 1 stick at a time. If none of that shakes the issue loose, you might just have an intermittent board, in which case an RMA might be needed. Before that though, pull the board out the case and build it all temporarily on a cardboard box.

Sooner or later you'll hit the issue I reckon :)

K D

Dec 24, 2016
I don't think the board supports the 4690K. That could be the issue. According to supermicro it supports only
Intel® Xeon® E3-1200 v3/v4, 4th gen.
Core i3, Pentium, Celeron processors.