Need to swap/buy low profile dual port intel NIC bracket for full height bracket

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

bp_968

Dec 23, 2012
I have two intel dual port GbE (RJ45 ports) PCI-E network adapters with low profile brackets and need to swap them for full height brackets or find a adapter of some sort. Does anyone have any extra fullsize brackets they might want to sell or trade?

I'd also consider trading the complete cards.

Has anyone ever just dremeled off the mounting tab and screwed/glued the now flat half height mounting bracket to a "hollowed out" full size bracket like you get whenever you buy a new case?

Aluminum

Sep 7, 2012
I have two intel dual port GbE (RJ45 ports) PCI-E network adapters with low profile brackets and need to swap them for full height brackets or find a adapter of some sort. Does anyone have any extra fullsize brackets they might want to sell or trade?

I'd also consider trading the complete cards.

Has anyone ever just dremeled off the mounting tab and screwed/glued the now flat half height mounting bracket to a "hollowed out" full size bracket like you get whenever you buy a new case?
Check fleabay? Sometimes there are non-gougers listing there, same goes for LSI brackets.

Just keep in mind a good price for another 82571 dual with LP bracket is $30~35 before you pay some gouger more than 10 bucks shipped for a sliver of stamped metal.
I'd rather buy from a fair seller than feed some gouger who probably just ripped them from the whitebox models that come with both brackets.

Though I paid $15 for a quad full bracket, sigh...but a lot harder to find.

A DIY bracket will work but its a big pet peeve of mine to not have a secure card mount on anything that has external connectors plugged in.

bp_968

Dec 23, 2012
What I did with a centronics style bracket on a DDR infiniband card I got was use the screw hole on the bracket and use a screw and washer. That combo holds it very secure in the PCI-E socket even with a very very stiff CX4 cable plugged in. I could slice off the L part of the bracket and do the same. or I could get a 2u case for a future project ;)

Or I could sell them for 30.50$+shipping each since I got them both at that price (61$ for pair).