Need the support cd files for Asus ASMB8-IKVM

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

royalcrown

Jan 30, 2023
I got a good deal on a MATX motherboard that came with the ASMB8-IKVM on it. I am hoping to get either the support CD itself or an ISO so that I can configure it.
Also, I have a couple of 4 gig sticks of HP 2133 ECC ram if someone wants them, I didn't notice they were registered when I bought them and I can't use them.

Reactions: Samir

royalcrown

Jan 30, 2023
Yes, The support CD comes with utilities needed to configure the Asus basebikvm module. None of these particular files are supplied on ASIS website. You have to actually own one of the modules to get the CD. I have found no place on the internet to obtain the CD including as a support, so I'm hoping somebody else that owns one can hook me up.

RolloZ170

Apr 24, 2016
Code:
https://www.asus.com/us/networking-iot-servers/servers/server-accessories/asmb8ikvm/helpdesk_bios/?model2Name=ASMB8iKVM&xs=1&xtz=-60&xuuid=7a77f5278b53c65455e5f7b0d95981d1&xguid=6dc7edaabeb633d8cb57755a9806ab0e&xjsf=other_click__auxclick [2]

royalcrown

Jan 30, 2023
Yes, someone sent me a link and the driver page has the "support cd" as a zip file. If you can't find it, reply to this thread and I can help you out.

icodeforyou

Jul 22, 2023
I was actually just trying to offer my help as well.

However now that you mention it, could you check if my motherboard supported by your CD? Because my CDs (I have two support CDs of different age) are both too old I fear. I have the Z10PE-D8 WS board. Having an image of the support CD that has the appropriate files would make it a bit easier to set up with the KVM I believe.

Otherwise I probably need to grab the firmware and make I bootable FreeDOS USB stick with it... I think...

edit: or maybe I was just looking at the wrong page from ASUS???

Last edited:

icodeforyou

Jul 22, 2023
Can you sent me the support cd link?
Thank you.
Unless you want to do something very peculiar I don't think you actually need the firmware CD. You can download the iKVM firmware for the correct motherboard from ASUS themselves. That should also include the ASMC8 utility you need to configure your iKVM.

What you need to do is get FreeDOS flashed onto a USB stick, copy the extracted folder with the firmware and utilities onto the USB stick, and boot the system from this USB stick. The iKVM manual has a section on how to use the ASMC8 utility (section 2.5).

Reactions: khe91