Need Supermicro X9DRH-7F Extended ATX Desktop Case

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Bmore

Feb 10, 2017
I am finally upgrading my home VM / Plex server from a AMD FX-8320 build to a dual Xeon E5-2660 build.

I have a X9DRH-7F Supermicro motherboard: Supermicro | Products | Motherboards | Xeon® Boards | X9DRH-7F

Trying to find a desktop case for it. Was looking at a Corsair Obsidian Series 750D but apparently the Supermicro Extended ATX form doesn't line up.

Any cases that will work? Need a quiet case with lots of 3.5 HDD bays.

epicurean

Sep 29, 2014
I have fitted dual CPU x9 Supermicro MBs, e ATX sized, into Corsair 760D and also the Corsair 900D. Some of the holes don't line up but easy to drill those with a dremmel.

I could fit 12 3.5' drives into the 760D

epicurean

Sep 29, 2014
Yes, I think it was about 3 holes to gain necessary stability. I pretty much put the CPUs and the ram into the motherboard, and then fit the motherboard onto the case to prevent excessive flexion. If you have a large piece of card paper, draw an outline of the motherboard and its holes on it. Bring the paper to Microcenter and use it as a template,