Need some help with FreeNAS Sharing

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
This is driving me @#$% insane. I have 2 pools on the same server. Pool # 1 I can read and write to both from Windows and from Linux. Pool #2 I can only read and not write from both Windows and Linux. I have set sharing on both pools to exactly the same. Can someone tell me how to make this pool writeable????

TIA :)

I've partially sorted it out. I edited pool permissions and changed the owner to Administrator and now I can write to it from the box in question but I'd like others to be able to write to it also. At least I'm over this hump.

Last edited:

Danic

Feb 6, 2015
jrdm.us
Check the underneath ACLs on each pool's folders. I've messed up permissions before switching between linux and windows ACLs on FreeNAS for samba shares. Use `getfacl` and `setfacl` to resolve your issues. FreeNAS manual says try to manage all permissions via Windows machine, but you'll have to set owner/group first before fixing the rest.

With 'ls -l' you'll see a `+` if the file has POSIX ACl's
Code:
root@nas:/mnt/tank3/BigShare # ll Thumbs.db
-rwxrwxr-x+ 1 guest  guest  468992 Aug  2  2017 Thumbs.db*
Basic getfacl output. My file server is not a good example. I'm the only user so everything is guest or me.
Code:
root@nas:/mnt/tank3/BigShare # getfacl Thumbs.db
# file: Thumbs.db
# owner: guest
# group: guest
            owner@:rwxpDdaARWcCos:-------:allow
            group@:rwxpDdaARWcCos:-------:allow
         everyone@:r-x---a-R-c---:-------:allow
This post has basic intro to the commands and its output.
setfacl recursive quick and dirty, how?

Reactions: T_Minus and Fritz