Need longer I2C cable HSBP to HSBP

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

nthu9280

Feb 3, 2016
San Antonio, TX
Trying to locate a longer I2C cable with for my Intel P4000L chassis. I have the following (Intel G22460-002) that came with the Hot Swap cage but it is not long enough. Can't seem to find ready made cables and I don't have the required tools and connectors. Wanted to check here if someone has additional info on the type of connector - like Molex / Dupont etc.

For now I think I'll just cut it in the middle and use some 22 gauge wire to add length. Will look ugly with my skills but should work for now.

i2c-hsbp-hsbp.jpg

Tha_14

Server Newbie
Mar 9, 2017
Trying to locate a longer I2C cable with for my Intel P4000L chassis. I have the following (Intel G22460-002) that came with the Hot Swap cage but it is not long enough. Can't seem to find ready made cables and I don't have the required tools and connectors. Wanted to check here if someone has additional info on the type of connector - like Molex / Dupont etc.

For now I think I'll just cut it in the middle and use some 22 gauge wire to add length. Will look ugly with my skills but should work for now.

View attachment 8959
No idea if there is a longer one available. I would just mod the cable, put some shielding and be done with it, especially if it's just one cable. Good luck!

nthu9280

Feb 3, 2016
San Antonio, TX
And need to get crimping tool....
Checked Amazon for cheaper alternatives. looks like ISWISS SN-28B might be the correct one. There couple of other alternative models. Will any of them do the job? Seems to have good reviews for what it's worth. Don't need any high $$$ ones owned by @Terry Kennedy (that I know of on here).

manxam

Jul 25, 2015
@nthu9280 : For 10, you could easily get away with a standard crimper or needle-nose pliers. They also make solder on versions but figured crimp would be simpler.

fake-name

Feb 28, 2017
I've generally found getting a good crimp without the specific crimp tool to be quite challenging.

On the other hand, if you can get a crappy crimp, and then add a touch of solder to the crimp, you get a decent result.

It's labor intensive, but for only a few it works fine.