Need help with the cabling of Dell C6100 2nd power distribution board

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

hanshans

Dec 14, 2013
Hi folks,

I recently bought some C6100 for HA cluster applications.
The units came with 2 nodes and one PSU each, so I ordered a second and the additional power distribution board.
Then I put 2 further nodes in (and mounted the 2nd mid-plane for node 1+3).

Here´s how I connected the boards so far:

I took the basic cable setting from the 2-node setup.
Then I replaced the Y-cable that connected the lower power board to the backplane's PSU1 and PSU2 port by 2 separate ones (1 from the lower board to PSU1, the upper board to PSU2)

I added on the upper power board:
FCB-I2C => PSU2 on fan controller board
the 2 big power cables to the 2nd mid-plane
FCB_PWR => PSU2 on the fan controller board
the bridge card between the lower an upper power board.

To the fan controller board I added:
MB1 and MB3 to the mid-plane

Is this cabling correct?

Last edited:

hanshans

Dec 14, 2013
I just realized, that there are two different kinds of power boards/fan boards for the C6100.
Seems that I have the PIC16 8 pin FCB_PWR<-> PSU1/2 socket) version. The new power distribution board I ordered is the 10 pin version.
The PIC18 (10pin) boards have other fan connectors, so I would have to buy new fans as well. ARGHH
Does anybody has a 8 pin (PIC16 compatible) upper power board?

Last edited:

C W

Feb 12, 2018
I recently purchased a C6100 with 2 nodes and 1 psu. I also purchased 2 additional nodes, a midplane, and a 2nd power distribution board. However, I have been unable to get the 2 additional nodes (1 & 3) to work. Where you able to find any help with the wiring? I believe I found all the right cables except for an 8 pin pcie cable (fan control board to power distribution board). If someone could provide details regarding proper cabling, it would be greatly appreciated.