Need help with HP server

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

SuperShermanTanker

Apr 19, 2020
Hello First post here,
So my family used to have a old file server and the thing got put into storage in the basement and after sitting in the basement unplugged for months after running for years I pull it out to finally get all the files off it. I plugged it in but it wouldn't get past the HP proliant post screen and after removing the CR232 battery to reset the bios it posts and then it goes into a power and thermal config screen and just sits there with nothing happening. It's a HP ProLiant ML110G7 server

Imgur

Last edited:

Patriot

Apr 18, 2011
Instead of pulling battery, do a reset via the dips, side of case should tell you which dip that is... you can also login via iLO and see what is up.

vudu

Dec 30, 2017
Remove and re-seat all the hardware, RAM, PCI cards maybe even the CPU. Had something similar this weekend. Crypto mining machine had been off for some months. No boot. Re-seated everything and got it running. Sold the Vega65 within hours!
Good luck