Need help on Dell H310

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

TeleFragger

Oct 26, 2016
ok so I was just handed a dell h310 card and went to flash it in IT mode. I googled and landed on various pages and read and tried what they said.
I cannot get this card to flash and I think somewhere I messed up and I don't have a sass address now.

is there a way I can flash this card back to OEM? I have tried various ways but it just errors out.

I have tried going to dell and installing the h310 oem firmware and it runs in windows.. errors.. package is not compatible with your system configuration. Running it on win7 64bit and tried 64bit file. unless it needs Server?

TeleFragger

Oct 26, 2016
forgot to mention..there is no sas address... it fails on that line so wonder if that is what is botching the card as well.

nthu9280

Feb 3, 2016
San Antonio, TX
Flashing some H310s can real PITA. Check out TechMattR blog it should have all the tools and step by step instructions.

Not having a SAS generally doesn't hinder the flash process.

The card may have a sticker with SAS address. You can makeup up one if needed. It just needs to be unique in your environment, correct length.

Reactions: TeleFragger

Spartacus

May 27, 2019
Austin, TX
I have several of the H310 and I botched it the first time too.
I've done both the flash recover and itmode procedure, unfortunately if you wiped it the SAS address it may be gone, good news is it doesn't matter. Its just like a network address as long as you don't have the same addresses connected to the same machine it wont be a problem.

I'll grab one of my addresses when I get home plus the guides I used for flashing/recovering them.
The good news is, its nearly impossible to brick them so no need to fret.

Reactions: TeleFragger

TeleFragger

Oct 26, 2016
Flashing some H310s can real PITA. Check out TechMattR blog it should have all the tools and step by step instructions.

Not having a SAS generally doesn't hinder the flash process.

The card may have a sticker with SAS address. You can makeup up one if needed. It just needs to be unique in your environment, correct length.

thx.. this was the fix..

disclaimer - i see what was wrong and got it going!!!!
also it is nice to have the actual files someone used so we know the tool version is whats needed. When I flashed my HP infiniband 10gb cx4 cards, it was a learning curve as i had to use a certain older tool set to flash...
onto it..

megacli.exe -AdpAllInfo -aAll -page 20
Fails

so tried
sas2flsh -sasadd 0123456789abcdef
fails

sas2flsh.exe -listall
worked

sas2flsh.exe -c 0 -list
worked but no sas address

megarec.exe -writesbr 0 sbrempty.bin
worked

megarec.exe -cleanflash 0
worked

sas2flsh.exe -o -f 6GBPSAS.fw
finally told me didnt match so chose Y to flash
worked

as2flsh.exe -o -f 2118it.bin
worked - even gave me a sas address - 0000000-0-0000-0000
still cant change it...

sas2flsh -sasadd 0123456789abcdef
operation not found 0500000f

Then i realized.. i read through again and ughhh found a different command line. I got mine from google...
s2fp19.exe -o -sasadd 500xxxxxxxxxxxx
so
s2fp19 -o -sasadd 500123456789abcd
WORKED!!!!

thx.. im 100% up and running!!!! well card successfully ran through everything. need to get it into my hp box and get freenas on it.

Mattias71

Aug 20, 2020
This is how i got it working in DOS only mode with FreeDOS.

megacli.exe -AdpAllInfo -aAll -page 20
megacli.exe -AdpAllInfo -aAll | find “SAS Address”
megacli.exe -AdpAllInfo -aAll | find “SAS Address” > SASADD.txt

megarec -writesbr 0 sbrempty.bin
megarec -cleanflash 0

reboot

s2fp19.exe -o -f 6GBPSAS.FW
s2fp19.exe -o -sasadd 5xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

reboot

sas2flsh.exe -o -f 2118p7.bin

reboot

s2fp19.exe -o -f 2118it.bin

s2fp19.exe -o -b mptsas2.rom (even after if you want bios on card)