Need help for a ZFS partition recovery

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Chavell3

Apr 27, 2021
Hi,

I need some urgent help for one of my ZFS data disks, a single ZFS disk pool.
After I tried some new Storage-server for my ZFS volumes, I tried some disk passthrough features with my former ZFS disk.

Unfortunatly that passthrough was no really passthrough as I expected it to be and it formated my ZFS volume and now I need to recover it.
With Wipefs I found some ZFS information on the disk, but unfortunatly don't know how to use that information...

one strange thing is, I created the pool manually and partitioned the disk before adding it to the pool.
But those ZFS labels are found on the direct disk.
gpart and a Tool named "Testdisk" - CGSecurity - found some other partition(MS Windows with 60GB), but not ZFS...

The point with those partitions is, that there hasn't been a 60GB Partition on that disk.
Testdisk even found multiple 60GB Partitions...
Is it maybe possible that Testdisk and gpart would find VMDK partitions as physical partitions? As on this disk vSphere VMs had been placed.

does anybody has an idea how I can recover my ZFS partition?

Thanks

Last edited:

TrumanHW

Sep 16, 2018
Dang man, I'm sorry you've received literally NO replies!

First ... do you (as of now) know if it's bad drives..? Or a corrupted data set...etc. ..?

Please feel free to email me at my username @gmail ...

Whether you have failed drives or dataset corruption, I'll do what I can to help.