Need Help Dell C1100 CS24-TY

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Robert Cooper

Oct 31, 2017
I have a dell C1100 CS24-ty With a updated bios from dell with the bmc update everything is working fine But now i just bought 4 x 2TB drives to do a raid 5 with a total of 5.58 TB (I think) when i get everything setup and boot to server 2016 64bit and get to where is shows my drive it wont let me install server says need to enable controller in bios????? Something like that can anyone help in directing me to the right direction i can add pictures when i get back to the rack

This is just for home use and to learn etc...

Robert

MiniKnight

Mar 30, 2012
NYC
Did you install windows drivers for Intel RAID? Or do you have the disks on another controller?

Robert Cooper

Oct 31, 2017
Just standard no other raid controller I have not loaded any drivers when the windows comes up and shows hard drive in the server setup it does show the raid 5.68 or so Tb but if I select it it splits it into 2 unallocatied spaces

j_h_o

Apr 21, 2015
California, US
Just create the partition from diskpart as well. Google instructions for how to create the partition :)

Or restart the setup and see if it agrees to create the partitions for you.

Robert Cooper

Oct 31, 2017
Okay tried as the suggestions here when i made even a 500 gig partition it made the whole raid GPT why not sure but it still gives me the same thing as per pic in other post i did. i did make a raid 5 with 3 drives left the zero drive out of it and with 1.8TB i was able to install server 2016 but putting all drives back in a raid 5 config wont work... only option i have in bios is ide is either sata achi or raid no other options now this mother board is a quanta s99 if that means anything that i updated the latest dell bios too

Thanks for all the help I am kinda new to this

Rob

j_h_o

Apr 21, 2015
California, US
Trim out any unnecessary boot devices from the list (disable the rest) and only leave the device you intend to install on.
You need to boot UEFI, not BIOS with the installation media.

Robert Cooper

Oct 31, 2017
Okay thanks for the input. Found out after searching the Intel storage matrix raid will only see a 2tb partition so i made a raid vol 0 with 1tb and a vol 2 with 4tb and was able to install server 2016 on it and seems to be working fine