need help crossflashing my ibm M1015

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

kaitlin4599

Jul 14, 2019
so i bought an ibm M1015 to crossflash to it mode using this guide here https://www.servethehome.com/ibm-se...7GGEpqbN_lIGSJ3wA4hF8kfa2w6umSOpMy0wGFgAbQSak

however i read on another web forum that if i have a uefi motherboard i couldnt flash the card i have an asus X470 CH7 hero can anyone shed some light here i dont wanna brick my card

for context in case it matters my motherboard only has 6 sata ports and there all used up so i bought this card so i could hook up all my hard drives i will be using windows 10 pro as the os

Whaaat

Jan 31, 2020
just curious, why would you want to crossflash it? I'm sitting on ServeRAID M5110 with windows 10 and not using integrated SATA controller at all

kaitlin4599

Jul 14, 2019
just curious, why would you want to crossflash it? I'm sitting on ServeRAID M5110 with windows 10 and not using integrated SATA controller at all
@Whaaat a youtuber i follow who put one in his server recommended i flash it as did several other forums as crossflashing it to it mode turns it into one hell of an HBA plus i dont really need the raid features since i will just be hooking up individual drives for file storage

gea

Dec 31, 2010
DE
You need ipmi only for headless use (without attached monitor and remote keyboard/monitor via browser). Download files ex from BroadCom and 9211 HBA.

Reactions: kaitlin4599

kaitlin4599

Jul 14, 2019
You need ipmi only for headless use (without attached monitor and remote keyboard/monitor via browser). Download files ex from BroadCom and 9211 HBA.
@gea if im understanding you correctly i download the proper fiels for my hba pcie card put them on the root of my usb then follow the guide you linked me to minus the ipmi correct

Sean Ho

seanho.com
Nov 19, 2019
Vancouver, BC
seanho.com
You can flash empty SBR with megarec from FreeDOS, then reboot to EFI shell and use sas2flash.efi to flash IT firmware. If the version of sas2flash bundled in that zip isn't P14 or older, you may need to find it.