Need FreeNAS sharing help

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

marcoi

Apr 6, 2013
Gotha Florida
Datastore is from ESXI - i was just showing how to mount an NFS to a system since i didnt have my linux image running.

Dataset is for ZFS - Quoted from google: "A dataset is a feature of ZFS. A partition is kind of analogous, but don't think about it that way. What matters is that a dataset is the smallest organizational unit in ZFS that you can apply ZFS properties to. You can snapshot datasets, you can set compression/encryption on a dataset. A dataset can even have child datasets"

So you have your pool called backup. You want to create two datasets one for windows shares and the other for linux shares. Both datasets share the same storage pool. etc.

Hope that helps.

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
Thank you sir.

I've created a DataSet and all appears to be correct but still no joy.

I also posted over at the FreeNAS forum and got this reply -

"How are you connecting? Are you using a folder viewer? Trying install cifs-utils and using the mount -t cifs cmd."

Screenshot from 2019-07-11 16-59-33.png

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
Major breakthrough.

I fired up a box running Linux 19 and it connected to both FreeNAS boxes without an issue and without requiring any configuration changes so whatever the problem is it's with Linux 18.3. Also, this 18.3 box has a 19 VM installed and it too connected without issue.

Time to upgrade this box to 19.