need a way to share soccer pics for free

Discussion in 'NAS Systems and Networked Home and SMB Software' started by TeleFragger, Aug 31, 2019.

1. TeleFragger

TeleFragger Member

Ok so I used to use Flickr for forums that only allow you to provide a link to a pic...
    Others used photobucket, but they went paid version and people lost pics...ok
    then our soccer team uses teamsnap, used too... well they lowered their picture section as I would upload, next week delete old and upload new...

so at the end of the season, I just threw them on CD's and handed them out..

what I would really like is a way for me to share my own pics...
    I just setup ReadyShare on my netgear router and it works; however, there are no thumbnails so people would have to download every pic... its just archaic...

so
    I can run a web server (never have), or I don't mind using a free service out there...

can anyone recommend a solution?

I have an hp z420 xeon e5 sitting here with 64gb ecc ram if I need to use that, or I already have a server 2019 box running with stablebit drive pool and 2 pools... ssd pool and sata pool...

this is a realm I have not dealt with yet, but am more than willing to give something a try.
    I want something nice, easy, web front end and people can just go to, see the pics and download the ones they want...

thx...

2. NashBrydges

NashBrydges Member

TeleFragger likes this.
  3. TeleFragger

TeleFragger Member

thanks.. someone recommended just using OneDrive.. totally forgot bout it!!!!
    setting it up now to test... all I need is to give a link and found a way...
    thx.. I still wanna check those out though!!!

4. TeleFragger

TeleFragger Member

uploaded and shared a main folder out to the team. I am at 81% full now, so I guess I will get closer to 100% and delete the oldest games, keeping myself at 9x% full, keeping at much as I can....

5. Deslok

Deslok Well-Known Member