Napp-it Web UI login issue

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

K D

Dec 24, 2016
issues I have been having this wired issue. I have the Napp-it to go VM running on Esxi. Logged in for the first time as administrator with a blank password. Got the initial config screen where I set a new Admin and Operator password. Everything was fine for a few days.

I tried to login yesterday again after a restart but nothing happens. There login page posts and refreshes and stays there. I am not able to get into the Admin screens.

So I thought maybe something got corrupted and redeployed the VM again. Same issue after I restart the VM. Tried it in a different host as well with the same results.

I followed the instructions in the Napp-it to go pdf.

Paging @gea

gea

Dec 31, 2010
DE
This is very unclear.
If the VM would be corrupted, the re-import of a template would solve.

The first napp-it screen is a passive html file. If it is shown, the webserver works.
It redirects then to to the admin script. (Press F5 to be sure that the startscreen is not from cache)

What you can try is restarting the webserver and check the admin script at console.
I would use Putty as root as you can paste in commands with a mouse right click

try these three commands as root at console
Code:
perl /var/web-gui/data/napp-it/zfsos/_lib/scripts/stop_napp-it.pl
/var/web-gui/data/tools/httpd/napp-it-mhttpd -c \*\*.pl -u napp-it -d /var/web-gui/data/wwwroot -p 81
perl /var/web-gui/data/wwwroot/cgi-bin/admin.pl

They stop the webserver, start again and checks the admin script (should return html)

K D

Dec 24, 2016
I will re-download the image and start again with a fresh install tonight. If it repeats, I'll run the scripts and post the output.

Thanks for the quick response.

K D

Dec 24, 2016
Tried again with a new install. So far so good after a few restarts. Not running into the issue. If I encounter it again I will run the commands from @gea