Napp-it / OmniOS do we have apcups or NUT?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

crazyj

Nov 19, 2015
I just picked up an APC ups with a usb connection. Is there any way to configure graceful shutdown from omnios for a free hypervisor ESXI 6.7 AIO?

Reactions: AveryFreeman

crazyj

Nov 19, 2015
So how does one go about installing apcups? pkg install can't find it. Is this a different repository?

Does anyone have experience running this in OmniOS? I don't want to fool around too much if it's not a good idea.

Any software that it would need installed first?

gea

Dec 31, 2010
DE
yes, this is the pkgsrc repository,
needed steps see napp-it // webbased ZFS NAS/SAN appliance for OmniOS, OpenIndiana and Solaris : Downloads

Code:
If you want to install software via pkgin (installs every package to /opt/local), you need to (console as root):
https://pkgsrc.joyent.com/install-on-illumos/

#add path to /opt/local where all software is installed:
    export PATH=/opt/local/sbin:/opt/local/bin:$PATH

#install the bootstrap-loader: (LTS release is ..Q4)
    curl http://pkgsrc.joyent.com/packages/SmartOS/bootstrap/bootstrap-2018Q4-x86_64.tar.gz | gtar -zxpf - -C /

#or newest

update repository database:
    pkgin -y update

#install the needed package, example Apache 2.4.6
    pkgin -y install apache-2.4.6

#or
    pkgin -y install apache-2.4  (for newest 2.4)

crazyj

Nov 19, 2015
Hmm. So I think I got apcupsd installed using the instructions provided.

Now, setup... I've got the usb cable as well as the smart-card network card. With USB cable hooked up to my Tomato router, it can see and monitor the status, but now, I'm thinking I should attempt to set up the ethernet card to talk to my various esxi VMs.

I was trying to follow the discussion here: APC UPS with Network Card - Help (I realize this is for an unraid setup) but I'm running into trouble actually finding my install at all. Where is APCUPSD supposed to be installed to? To use the ethernet connection, I've got to edit some config files in the install, but no good if I can't find them.