Napp-it NFS share just won't mount 5.5U2

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

NOTORIOUS VR

Nov 24, 2015
I can't for the life of me get this working... worst part is I get an "unknown error" from ESXi.

Call "HostDatastoreSystem.CreateNasDatastore" for object "ha-datastoresystem" on ESXi "10.10.0.20" failed.
NFS mount 10.10.10.2:/storage_z2/other/ISO failed: Unable to connect to NFS server.
An unknown error has occurred.

I can ping my file server from ESXi (SSH) and from file server to ESXi.

any ideas?

thanks!

gea

Dec 31, 2010
DE
I would first rule out common problems
- permission problems: set ACLs of the filesystem that you want to share recursively to everyone@=modify
(you can use Windows as root or the ACL extension from napp-it)

- path problems
Asuming you have a pool named storage_z2 and a ZFS filesysten named other that you share via NFS, then set the path in ESXi
10.10.10.2:/storage_z2/other (do not add a regular foldername below like ISO, ISO is visible in ESXi when you mout the share)

NOTORIOUS VR

Nov 24, 2015
Hi Gea,

I suppose I should have stated that, but yes I did make sure the permissions were ok.

As for the path, the ZFS share (and therefore NFS share) is actually /storage_z2/other/ISO I'm not turning on NFS sharing for /storage_z2/other (nor do I want to).

And for sure it cannot be that, since the NFS share works as it was configured via the vxmnet3 adapter just fine.

Other NFS shares (like /storage_z2/other/Videos) work for me through my E1000 connection to the LAN (mounting in Kodi as a source) so I'm not quite sure where the issue lies, but it was a big time waster for me (and frustrating since things were working well on my old OI install).

For now though it works. Now I'm dealing with AD issues instead (key file).