Napp-It license swap

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Bob T Penguin

Dec 16, 2015
Hello,
Roughly how long does it take to swap a Napp-It license using the link below:

is it a few hours or many days?

I have a couple of old Omnios machines running 151014 and NappIT 0.9f6, i'll need to exchange my licenses for the new machine based keys and want to plan for how long the migration process will take.

Thanks
Bob

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
Have you sent them an email to ask directly?
They probably know better then most of us here do (with the exception of @gea o/c)

Bob T Penguin

Dec 16, 2015
I was hoping @gea was around and could write an answer, otherwise I'll email them like you suggest.

Regards
Bob

Last edited by a moderator:

gea

Dec 31, 2010
DE
You should get a replay within a few seconds.

The license swap is an automated system. If you do not get a reply, check your spam folder. Maybe your enterprise policy allows only mails from the "big" mail providers. In such a case, just send an email at support@napp-it.org or to me at gea@napp.it.org.

Bob T Penguin

Dec 16, 2015
@gea thank you for your reply. I've not requested a license swap yet, but now I know it should be very fast I can plan for the next stage of my migration project.

Many thanks
Bob

gea

Dec 31, 2010
DE
Internet connectivity between Europe and the US seems a little slow at the moment. (maybe due the increased use of videoconferencing and/or streaming/ Netflix etc)

This is why I have added Google as main download option for the ESXi ZFS storageserver templates where a download time from Germany to US was days recently instead of the usual 10 minutes.