My new 64 core EPYC workstation ROARS to life!

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

traderjay

Mar 24, 2017
Congratulations, that looks like quite the beefy server. But seriously, man... you can't just show that blue carpeted furniture dolly and not explain ;) I'm guessing the server case freely rolled around on the hardwood floor without it?

To be perfectly fair, I am sure there would be comments about my Edsal shelving unit "rack" for the servers and network gear.
Haha its a nice and sturdy platform also to raise the case from the floor so it sucks in less dust. Not visible in the pic is a cheap HEPA filter blowing filtered air towards the case intake.

you gonna save up to upgrade to dual 7702? :)
I thought about it but decided to skip since NON of my regular task outside of mining can fully utilize the second CPU, this is the reason why I ditched the dual XEON platinum rig in the first place. I am building another 3950X rig soon to add to my total hash rate.

Kneelbeforezod

Sep 4, 2015
First Ent 10, now on Pro 10, 7742 + H11SSL. 7742 from https://forums.servethehome.com/ind...ail-oem-rome-epycs-now-for-sale-ddr3-4.24331/

Corsair Force MP600 for OS. RX 580. Installed AMD Chipset drivers both on Ent 10 and Pro 10. Tho I got the 1603 Error on Pro and the 182 On Ent. 2x16gb 3220 rdimms while I await the rest of the RAM. Only 1 yellow exclamation Point in Device Mgr for PCI Express Root Port (Aside From Microsoft Basic Display Adapter).

Kneelbeforezod

Sep 4, 2015
yes i did both times

EDIT: Solved it. Ended up going back to both displays connected - 27 inch and the LG ultrawide. Set the Ultrawide to be primary. Then i could see Windows had installed its own drivers. Installed Radeon softward which removed Windows drivers and then installed the most current.

Last edited: