MxGPU Radeon pro V620

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Drekrosh

Jan 13, 2023
Hi, guys! I have a trouble with card v620, i bought on ebay this card, but i cannot find gim driver for linux host.
GitHub - GPUOpen-LibrariesAndSDKs/MxGPU-Virtualization - on github we have the old driver, but not support v620 card.
In official document need gim-dkms_1.0.0.1234577_all , cannot find it on amd website.
AMD Documentation - Portal
Maybe someone can help me with gim driver, private share? Thanks! Now, i have a brick instead of good videocard

CyklonDX

Nov 8, 2022

In guide it directs you only to asic registers as its only thing you need. Thus i recommend following it, instead of typical install.
Guest drivers are going to be much harder tho. I don't see any for v620 or similar die.

JoJoMan

Jul 19, 2021

In guide it directs you only to asic registers as its only thing you need. Thus i recommend following it, instead of typical install.
Guest drivers are going to be much harder tho. I don't see any for v620 or similar die.
It seems like guest only requires standard amdgpu-pro drivers.

But the registers in the linked repo don't seem useful, as its just a subset of whats already included with the standard kernel module. The open source version of gim seems to specifically check for the S7150 and even compares vbios checksums.

CyklonDX

Nov 8, 2022
you can always access amd forum portal, and ask for help in pro section about rocm installation.
(since its a public document they should either remove it or provide you with solution.)

CyklonDX

Nov 8, 2022
for ref. if anyone is looking for contact to obtain current driver for v620
CloudGPUsupport@amd.com

(if anything don't share with them where you got the gpu, just say - you are testing the implementation for use in your company)

CyklonDX

Nov 8, 2022
No, i don't have the gpu; but this is listed email contact form for getting one.
(I would be willing to chat with them in name of my company, but only if someone can lend me one, or sell me v620 cheaply for like 500 usd - as i don't have any use for that card, -- in my home lab i already have working sriov setup using A5000)

Last edited:

Unb0rn

Mar 23, 2024
Has anyone managed to get the gim driver? It would be great if one could share it non-publicly. I've tried contacting AMD - they won't even respond to my emails...

Unb0rn

Mar 23, 2024
Tried searching through repo.radeon.com - didn't find anything like
gim-dkms_1.0.0.1234577_all
amdgpu-dkms has no gim.ko as well. This explains why they use dpkg instead of apt in the example. Looks like this driver is still private...

CyklonDX

Nov 8, 2022
btw; do you have v620? Could you share parsec/access to it? I've read few things, and v620 comes in with vbios that should potentially already be split offering multiple vgpu's; supposedly amdgpu should already contain all drivers for rdna2 cards.

I'm really not keen on buying this card for prices its going for.

Unb0rn

Mar 23, 2024
No, but I'm still considering buying one. I think there's one seller on ebay offering them for $900 - much but not crazy-much)
On amdgpu - I've seen some code but I think it only applies to guest-side DRM. Like this. If anyone can confirm amdgpu driver is able to create VFs I will buy one right away and we can run some tests