MSI X399 Gaming Pro Carbon AC Motherboard Review Hello Threadripper

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
William can you comment on whether it is true that the screws should not be fully screwed down in the 1-2-3 and 3-2-1 order and rather started and then eventually screwed down? I've seen some Newegg review comments that said that if they fully screwed down say 1 they couldn't finish 2 or 3 because the screws wouldn't catch.
I can comment - I have seen this happen on TR and EPYC. LGA3647 is much easier in this regard.

Reactions: William

William

May 7, 2015
William can you comment on whether it is true that the screws should not be fully screwed down in the 1-2-3 and 3-2-1 order and rather started and then eventually screwed down? I've seen some Newegg review comments that said that if they fully screwed down say 1 they couldn't finish 2 or 3 because the screws wouldn't catch.
That is true, if you screw down #1 tight it warps the clamp so that 2 and 3 will not screw in.
I recommend watching that video from MSI that I posted, pay close attention to how tight they screw those screws down. I did have issues if I tightened them down to hard, was getting BIOS errors of C0. After I backed off on the screws that error went away.

Matt Lund

Oct 20, 2016
I read the article and found it informative. I did cringe a bit at all the questionable marketing speak that the manufacturer throws in. Overall, glad AMD is back.