Moving and need advices for chassis

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

badskater

Automation Architect
May 8, 2013
Canada
Hi,

i currently have a slicestor 1440 filled with 3TB drives, and would like to see if there's an alternative as I'm moving to the other side of the country, and I'm not gonna be in an house. I looking on eBay for Supermicro 846s, but i no longer see the deals we had before, so I'm wondering if i should go for 2 Norco 4224 with expanders, so I can get a more silent solution. (I'm not that good in DiY solutions, and since i have 48 drives in it with a 1.2TB PCIe SSD and 2 Sata SSDs for the OS., it wouldn't be that good of a solution.) It's why i'm asking the community, if there's something i'm forgetting.

(I may not see the deals since i'm in Canada.)

Rack space isn't an issue, i have 20U free for this, so I'm kind of wondering a lot what could be done on the cheap, and mostly what could be a good solution for my issue.

My rack silence quite a lot the rack, just it's a bit smaller than the Slicestor, so the noise can't be silenced on that one.

Thanks for your help.