Motherboards that use unbuffered DDR3 ECC SODIMMs? Pricing Compared to ITX w/ ECC UDIMM

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Markess

May 19, 2018
Northern California
Were the motherboards that used unbuffered DDR3 ECC SODIMMS always so much more expensive than other ITX Boards that used ECC UDIMMS, or have they just held their value better, or maybe I'm looking at the wrong ones?

I wound up buying ECC SODIMMs by mistake for a planned build. The price was good enough though, that returning them wasn't going to get me anything. So rather than starting over, I thought I'd see what compatible motherboards were available. The ones I've found so far, all ASRock and SM, seem to be priced really high (compared to similar spec ITX boards that use ECC UDIMMs). Maybe there just wasn't a lot of supply to start with?

Last edited:

nthu9280

Feb 3, 2016
San Antonio, TX
The boards like Supermicro x9spv variants are stupidly expensive. Not sure of the other manufacturers. I was lucky and won an auction for a really good price late last year.

Reactions: Markess