Motherboard X9DRH-iF - unable to get video signal when the card boots

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Plamen

Dec 18, 2019
Hello,

I have changed and option into the BIOS settings, in attempt to get the on-board video active (the screenshot below).

From this moment on, there is no video signal during the boot. The video is on after Windows boots and the login screen appears - but only if an external card is used.

I need the PCI Express slot for another hardware, that's why the on-board card needs to be activated. Plus, the BIOS settings in the current situation are no more available.

I have tried to reset the CMOS, as described here: FAQ Entry | Online Support | Support - Super Micro Computer, Inc. - unfortunately without success!

Please advice me how to get out of this situation. At least, the video should be available during the boot!

Thanks in advance,
Plamen

PS: the 'card' in title should be read 'computer' - I can't find a way to correct it.

upload_2019-12-18_22-27-10.png

Last edited:

Plamen

Dec 18, 2019
I have found, that JPG1 was set to 2-3, disabling the onboard VGA connectors.

Changed it to 1-2 and now the the video signal during boot is presend - but only through the external video card.

So, the onboard video is sthill not functional, but at least I'm able to work with the BIOS.

Any hint how to enable the onboard connectors?