Motherboard from Iranian kamikaze drone

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

joeribl

Jun 6, 2021
I assume below the small aluminium heatsink is positioned the MCU. Not sure what is positioned below the big slap of Alu. For the rest i see a lot of AD, Marvell and some other brands.

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
did it not work? is that why we can see it assembled :eek:

ericloewe

Apr 24, 2017
Clearly it's an off-the-shelf sort of thing, to the point that they left on the Ethernet jack and PHY (almost certain what the Marvell chip is). I have a hard time believing they'd use it in a munition...
They could also have saved like half of the board area, which is taken up by unpopulated positions for all sorts of crap.

Power seems to be bodged in at the unpopulated large connector footprint (top left).

It looks like they're not using this for any of the control tasks, since there are no obvious connectors for the required half-dozen-or-so actuators. So I'd expect there to be another board running the flight controls.

Several antenna connectors have snapped off, which is not at all surprising, but they all seem to have been populated when they left the factory.