Most User Friendly ZFS OS for shared storage

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

IamSpartacus

Mar 14, 2016
@IamSpartacus

I am curious on the path you went on this, i have been using OMNIOS for a long time TBH lately with the news that they were changing and Freenas Coral going the way they were going i am not sure which rabbit hole i want to go down anymore. I am still thinking FreeNAS due to their compatibility to Mellanox Adapters ConnextX-3 (40Gbe) adapters..

Just wanted an outside opinion that went through a similar deal. I never seemed to get the greatest NFS performace from OMNIOS and also if DNS went down OMNI would crap itself even with a /etc/hosts file if the DC's went offline... i get Random spikes in latency too even though i'm running good ZIL and Cache devices...

I have about 30TB of Data on my Current OMNI system and plan to add about another 30TB
I wound up going with FreeNAS Corral for about a month until they announced it was a dead project and then I migrated my zpools back to FreeNAS 9.10 since that is what they are going to continue to support. Since all I use it for is to present NFS shares to my ESXi cluster, I've had no issues.