Monoprice 32in 4K IPS monitor 1 DP 1.2, 1 HDMI 2.0, 2 HDMI 1.4 $300 for a limited time . Reg $399 FS before tax

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

iq100

Jun 5, 2012
the only thing negative so far is the occasional very brief milisec screen flash that might be depends a lot on your video output signal and is also reported with a few other 32in 4k ips like benq. only have one DP and one HDMI 2 for 4K with two HDMI 1.4.
Other than that the stand is a lot better than a lot of the other 32 in 4K low price monitor. FULLY adjustable in every way

1- The downloadable user manual on Monoprice says, "2xHDMI 2.0 and 2xDP1.3"
Is that wrong?

2- User manual has no mention of the "multiwindow setting in monitor menu". Did I miss that?

Thanks.

wildpig1234

Aug 22, 2016

Jordan Innovations

Mar 25, 2018
Just my $0.02

I did a 27in 4k shootout a year and a half ago or so (looked at all the 10-bit screens for CAD, primarily, but also cause they're just pretty), and the Monoprice ones looked good on the outside and had beautiful slim bezels, but the colors were over-pumped no matter what I did.
I ended up going with Viewsonic XG-27004k's refurbished for ~$300/ea. Professional grade, calibrated, and QUICK... the only monitors I've had that matched my Dell 32in that a few others have mentioned.

wildpig1234

Aug 22, 2016
Just my $0.02

I did a 27in 4k shootout a year and a half ago or so (looked at all the 10-bit screens for CAD, primarily, but also cause they're just pretty), and the Monoprice ones looked good on the outside and had beautiful slim bezels, but the colors were over-pumped no matter what I did.
I ended up going with Viewsonic XG-27004k's refurbished for ~$300/ea. Professional grade, calibrated, and QUICK... the only monitors I've had that matched my Dell 32in that a few others have mentioned.
Should test run the 32in also. it's only a little bit more than the refurb 27in you got but is brand new and have a different panel from the 27in.

KC8FLB

Aug 12, 2018
Sorry, I took so long to respond. I use a TCL 43" 4K television. I bought it at sams club for $215, but the same TV is sold at Walmart, Best Buy and various other stores with slightly different model numbers. Most TV are crap when used as monitors because of chroma and how it displays text. This model of television can display 4K@60hz@4:4:4 chroma, which means the text looks sharp and readable. Make sure your graphics can output 4K@60hz@4:4:4 chroma. My work laptop (Dell Precision 7710 with Quadro M3000 graphics) can only do 4K@30hz@4:4:4 but it looks and works great despite only 30hz. My workstation has a Nvidia GTX 980 and has no problem displaying 4K@60hz@4:4:4. I cannot tell the difference between the display between both machines. Its worth repeating that the 4:4:4 chroma is the key to clear legible text that you would expect on any normal PC monitor. If you cannot achieve 4:4:4 chroma, the text is very distracting and unusable in my opinion, but I spend my day in email, writing user stories for software development, Excel/Notepad++/data processing/manipulation, etc.

I do not have special software to split up my screen, I use Windows/Debian OS application window resize snapping to snap my individual applications either in quadrants or half screens depending on my current workflow. Windows easily natively snaps to quadrants or half screens. Debian/Ubuntu snaps to half screens, and I have to manually resize application windows to quadrants, but it works fine and remembers size/positon.

I like the larger size because I frequently need to work on three/four 1080p information screens in concert to get a task done and its much easier than flipping between multiple windows in a serial fashion. I consume text information on the screen and overall pixel pitch is critical to me to balance the amount of information/text I can have on the screen (as much as possible) with the size of that text, in that it neds to be large enough for me to read. For my work, 37" to 43" 4K display is perfect, 40" probably being ideal. 40" 4K monitor = four 20" 1080P monitors "glued" together.

My last point is that a purpose built 4K desktop computer monitor will do all of this better, but will come at a much higher cost. Think of this as a poor mans large 4K display that actually looks pretty darn good and works very well. If my TV/Monitor died today and I was forced to buy a new TV/monitor, I would most likely buy the same one again.

reference for those that want to try this:
Read this first: The 6 Best 4k TVs For PC Monitors - Summer 2020: Reviews
Video to learn how to setup this particular Televison for optimum PC/Text use :

iq100

Jun 5, 2012
Sorry, I took so long to respond
I do not have special software to split up my screen, I use Windows/Debian OS application window resize snapping to snap my individual applications either in quadrants or half screens depending on my current workflow. Windows easily natively snaps to quadrants or half screens. Debian/Ubuntu snaps to half screens, and I have to manually resize application windows to quadrants, but it works fine and remembers size/positon.
Thanks KC8FLB for your reply. Two questions:

1. Do you use Windows "Show Windows Side By Side" to cause Window to snap your four open windows to quadrants?

2. I would like to automatically cause a dynamic number of tiled frames. So, when I open a fifth, or sixth window,all open windows share the 43 inch screen, by changing to 5 or 6, etc., 'frames'. Any way to do that in Windows? Or 3rd party software? I was hoping for a dynamic 'framing on/off button', that divides the 43 inch screen into a dynamic number of frames, as the number of open windows changes. That way one could just focus on closing/opening windows that have the content you currently need to see, rather than the mechanics of re-sizing and moving multiple windows. What do you think?

Others too!

KC8FLB

Aug 12, 2018
I am not aware of software for dynamic snapping and scaling of windows.

here is a great video to show you how windows can easily snap application windows to half screen or quadrants with keyboard commands:

wildpig1234

Aug 22, 2016
I am not aware of software for dynamic snapping and scaling of windows.

here is a great video to show you how windows can easily snap application windows to half screen or quadrants with keyboard commands:
But what we are talking about with the monitor with PIP mode is that they take inputs from multiple video sources and display them all at the same time on one monitor.

KC8FLB

Aug 12, 2018
We are not talking about pip (picture in picture) pip uses different video sources into the monitor to display different pictures. This is limited by the number of inputs (typically three or four) and must physically control the internal monitor hardware/software.

we are discussing efficiently displaying/rearranging multiple computer application windows on one display screen that all originate from one computer/one monitor input. There are some ultra wide monitors that include additional application software that will help snap application windows into logical divisions such as screen splits into two or three equal divisions.

hope this helps.

wsuff

Aug 16, 2015
The newer Powertoys for Windows 10 has Fancy Zones which allows creating sections on larger monitors to help with resizing to fit your preference. That helps break my larger screen into sections (currently have a large section on the left for whatever is priority + 2 smaller zones for terminals/reference) I haven't used it on a 4k screen yet but seems better than the Dell software for my U3415w. It goes a bit beyond the default Windows 10 snapping.

Last edited:
Reactions: KC8FLB

Jaket

Jan 4, 2017
Seattle, New York
purevoltage.com
I bought some Samsung 32 inch 4k monitors for $399 a year ago and some more a few months back. Personally I would get that over the monoprice ones.
That being said I haven't used the monoprice ones myself.

wildpig1234

Aug 22, 2016
I bought some Samsung 32 inch 4k monitors for $399 a year ago and some more a few months back. Personally I would get that over the monoprice ones.
That being said I haven't used the monoprice ones myself.
you mean the samsung VA 32in 4K?... VA is good but for certain applications, only IPS panel will cut it. I am pretty sure this monoprice is THE CHEAPEST NEW 32in 4K IPS you can buy. At $360, you can't even get a used 32in 4k IPS on ebay. it is also likely the cheapest 32in 4k one with a FULLY ADJUSTABLE stand also.

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
Does anyone happen to know if this supports 24P inputs?

I am looking for a 27-32" VESA mount options that I can put video sources into

wildpig1234

Aug 22, 2016
Does anyone happen to know if this supports 24P inputs?

I am looking for a 27-32" VESA mount options that I can put video sources into
It's not designed for video production so i doubt it. I don't have any 24P source to test out anyway. Better to get a LED TV for that purpose

Unless you are talking about watching films, please don't shoot anything in 24p! As a video architect at a large company I really wish people would stop using 24p for anything!
Save on the file size compared to 30fps....lol...