Monero trading

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

yuzmemak

Aug 31, 2017
Hi

I need to choice a platform to sell my xmr. Do I need to be careful? Can I select any platform?

Any experience and advice is welcomed.

Best regards

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

yuzmemak

Aug 31, 2017
Hi and thanks

My friend mines eth. He told me that needs to be careful, when selling coins. He receives many attacks, when he try to sell eth.

That's why he use sms for confirmation.

Anybody has such a spams?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

RBE

Sep 5, 2017
I have been happy with Kraken so far. Their know your customer (KYC) procedure that you must go through to enable transfers to/from fiat is not particularly onerous, and (in my case at least) was processed quickly. I cannot say that I am a big fan of their $60 USD telegraphic transfer fiat withdrawal fee for customers outside of the US, but such is life.

As an aside, steer clear of any trading platform that sends you an SMS as part of a two-factor authentication process. There are numerous articles on the web detailing how the SS7 protocol that is used by cellphone providers is insecure - this one for example.

MiniKnight

Mar 30, 2012
NYC
For monero poloniex.com

They trade 30% or more of monero daily volume from what I've read

hweisheimer

Dec 9, 2015
My personal preference is to trade it on an exchange (I've used Kraken in the past, and Poloniex more recently) for BTC or ETH, transfer that immediately to Coinbase, and sell the BTC/ETH there for USD. This is mainly because I'm skeptical of exchange security and Coinbase has been solid for me (and has a good reputation).

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
I prefer Polo at this point to Kraken.

@yuzmemak Everything carries risk from before you open your eyes in the morning. "without any risk" is not a phrase used often in the crypto world.

Reactions: pgh5278

jims2321

Jul 7, 2013
So if I understand this correctly. You take your XMR you have mined, trade it for BTC on Poloniex, transfer the BTC to Coinbase and then sell it. How long does it take from the time you transfer the XMR til you got cash in from the sale on Coinbase?

Biren78

Jan 16, 2013
So if I understand this correctly. You take your XMR you have mined, trade it for BTC on Poloniex, transfer the BTC to Coinbase and then sell it. How long does it take from the time you transfer the XMR til you got cash in from the sale on Coinbase?
I've only done it once. From XMR to when the Coinbase to bank account request was initiated it was a few hours. You'll also get stuck on Poloniex because you want to trade for that last 0.001. Poloniex, Kraken, & other exchanges have daily withdrawal limits.

From Coinbase it took a few days like if you try transferring from Bank of America to your Charles Schwab account.

handyserv

Jan 18, 2021
For XMR I send to tradeogre to convert to BTC then to LTC, then send LTC to Coinbase and convert to USD. BTC transfer fees are too much to justify, LTC is much cheaper to send.