Monero Pricing and What to do with XMR Thread

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

nfsden

Apr 6, 2016
Just simple pump.
I'm sure what witin one or few days price will be on previous level of 0.016btc +-
IMHO, Monero will never have really high price tag, cause large botnets dumps tons of coins on exchanges (they mine them almost for free)

Last edited:

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
Wow. What a thing to wake up to.

I believe it is because there is a rumor that the largest South Korean exchange is going to be listing Monero starting Wednesday.

Spartus

Mar 28, 2012
Toronto, Canada
I am so lucky, but at the same time i hardly nailed my timing on the way down or up again.

I bought a bunch of XMR a week ago at 12.4 mBTC and just sold them at 19.2. I wish I had held them longer; I was staring at 22.0 for a while, but still, made a good call this week. Also still have a chunk left, stuck in mempool for 24 hours until it expires (oops). I guess that will force me to relax and consider my next move more carefully.

Klee

Jun 2, 2016
I'm liking this !

Finally taking off in price again. I stopped mining Siacoin's on my 1080Ti and switched it back to mining Monero.

I have held on to my Monero from the beginning and resisted the couple of temptations I had to trade.

Klee

Jun 2, 2016
Do you mining monero on 1080ti????o_O

Yep sure do.

It's in my main dual Xeon E5-2667 V3 desktop and I mine when i'm not on it, might as well and it gets about 830 H/s mining monero.

It did have two RX480's but I sold those, for over $725.00 by the way:cool:, and bought a Gigabyte GTX 1080 Ti Xtreme Edition to replace them for about $30.00 more.

I have 8 E5-2660 V1 's , 2 E5-2620 V1's dedicated to mine monero 24/7.

Would like to get a few more GPU's but they are WAY over priced with the mining craze.

nfsden

Apr 6, 2016
1080ti is much better on mining Zcash or some other altcoin based on GPU oriented algorithm.
~$70 on Monero and ~$110 on Zcash. And then trade these zcash to xmr.
Anyway monero network difficulty going to jump to the moon, so profit will be even less

Klee

Jun 2, 2016
1080ti is much better on mining Zcash or some other altcoin based on GPU oriented algorithm.
~$70 on Monero and ~$110 on Zcash. And then trade these zcash to xmr.
Anyway monero network difficulty going to jump to the moon, so profit will be even less

The price of Monero has almost doubled the past few days and the difficulty has not yet, so I am taking advantage of that.

I use my GTX 1080 Ti to mine Zcash and also Sia when I want to, its always mining when i'm not using this pc.

And just watch what happens to the price of Monero this Friday. ;)

Reactions: nfsden

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
And just watch what happens to the price of Monero this Friday. ;)
My guess is that it is going to start dropping today into tomorrow when the 1% deposit bonus goes away.

Spartus

Mar 28, 2012
Toronto, Canada
There is no 1% bonus, you cant even deposit on bithumb. They are experiencing "technical difficulties".

Price is retracting because people are worried there will be no rise now if the whole thing doesn't happen or gets pushed way back.

My trades for the past 24 hours have been losers, but I did very good earlier this week. Short term I think pulling out would be good, but I'm still holding a chunk purely due to FOMO. If/when bithumb issues are resolved I think it will be back up for sure.

Klee

Jun 2, 2016
Quote from Reddit

"i'm sure many of you are confused/scared as **** due to there being no response from bithumb while the price is tanking.

w/out revealing too much about myself, let's just say i know a guy who knows a guy who works inside bithumb.

what's happening is that after XRP started pumping and its volume became astronomical in korea, bithumb found itself in a conflict-of-interest situation. if they begin monero deposits/trading, volume will naturally flow over to monero and they'd be shooting themselves in the foot. so their plan is to milk as much volume (commissions) from XRP while this boom cycle persists and then transition over to monero.

also, they somewhat miscalculated how much they'll have to shell out for the 1% event. after the price jumped all the way to 100, bithumb realized that at then-current XMR prices (~$95-100), they'd suffer too high of a loss if they were to open the deposit "event" on the 23rd and give 1% to everyone depositing + trading. so they're actively coordinating dumps right now to artificially lower the price and more importantly, it's also why they aren't releasing ANY update announcements publicly b/c they're just waiting for 1) XRP to calm down 2) XMR price to be sufficiently low and they don't know when that'll be.

i personally, have called bithumb all day today and first it started as 1) we're having blockchain issues, please be patient! then 2) sorry but you're gonna have to call us later tonight then 3) sorry but we don't have any more information to offer you. they're being all very hush-hush about it b/c even they can't hide the blatant lies they're being forced to tell. if you visit the korean crypto forums, people are lined up with their pitchforks. they're even thinking about suing and apparently, this is not the first time bithumb employed shady tactics when listing new coins.

bithumb employees are said to be buying up expensive apartments in gangnam just after working @ bithumb for only a year. they all bought up monero before announcing the listing. it just goes to show the culture inside the workplace. every korean crypto guy i've talked to hates bithumb with a passion and they're all planning to leave to kakao as soon as kakao opens up their cryptocurrency exchange (b/c kakao is a bigass company in korea since everyone uses kakaotalk and kakao is seen as a professional company, not a snake's oil salesman)

i just thought i had to tell you guys b/c every korean crypto trader is up-in-arms right now while here on reddit, i'm seeing guys naively thinking the PR response bithumb is giving (that it's a blockchain problem lmao) is actually worth considering.

so what's gonna happen? i guarantee there won't be any official public updates from bithumb explaining why they haven't done shit so far. the price will go down b/c bithumb doesn't wanna pay 1% for monero coins at $90 each. i'm thinking somewhere around the 60-70 zone but even i don't know. then bithumb, w/out ANY pre-announcement, will suddenly open up deposits and trading. most likely, they'll still pay out 1% b/c they don't wanna be sued. good luck fellas."

This from Reddit seems to explain everything. IF what he says about Kakao is true then it will go up a lot.

I don't feel like the price is "tanking" LOL for me but I did not buy in a $95.00 either.

Last edited:

Klee

Jun 2, 2016
Also this is VERY interesting:

"
China`s Ant Financial, the financial arm of Alibaba Group, has announced its decision to invest $200 million in mobile payment subsidiary of Kakao Corp, a major South Korean messaging platform.

South Korea is an important market for Ant Financial in its global expansion, and we see many opportunities in the market for innovative services and growth in mobile payments. Given Kakao’s leading mobile platform offering and vast customer base, we believe we can bring Ant Financial’s broad experience in digital payments and technology-driven financial services to offer exciting and innovative products to South Korean customers.”, said Douglas Feagin, President of Ant Financial International, in a press release available at antfin.com."

From Wiki:

"Ant Financial Services Group (Chinese: 蚂蚁金服), formerly known as Alipay, is an affiliate company of the Chinese Alibaba Group. Ant Financial is the most valuable fintech company in the world.[2] It operates Alipay, the world's largest mobile and online payments platform [3] as well as Yu’e Bao, the world's largest money-market fund."