Monero pool vs Nicehash at fork time

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

leerees

Feb 15, 2018
Hi Guys,

I was wondering if you are going to mine direct or switch to nicehash at fork time.

My theory is the price of cryptonight hashing go through the roof due to speculators wanting to quickly pick up Monero, should we put all our nodes onto Nicehash to get some bitcoin?

Still trying to figure this out, all of the the ETH boys will be pointing their AMD cards to cryptonight but I can't figure out if they will nicehash or mine direct. Either way I beleive the price of XMR to drop like a stone due to ASIC miners looking to offload, this is why I'm considering nicehash as BTC price is not too bad at the moment.

Joel

Jan 30, 2015
Dunno, Nicehash totally dropped my workers this morning so I shut them off. Didn't have time to faff with them before I had to leave for work. I'll definitely keep an eye out on this.

Even before the dropoff the profitability had been going down and down, to the point where 8x 2680v2s were earning a TOTAL of $3.50/day revenue (less $1.9/day in power cost). Getting bad out there...

leerees

Feb 15, 2018
I have 4 x 2660v2's that bring in around £1.50 a day on nicehash. It's not great, this is why I'm hoping nicehash earnings will go crazy after the fork. I've heard that the new fork will actually have a LOWER hashrate, this is why i think direct mining XMR via a pool will be pointless. If anyone thinks I'm wrong please do comment, I'd love to know other peoples views.

I'm running HP servers gen8 360 and 380's and they are really nice on power.

Last edited:

marcoi

Apr 6, 2013
Gotha Florida
Dunno, Nicehash totally dropped my workers this morning so I shut them off. Didn't have time to faff with them before I had to leave for work. I'll definitely keep an eye out on this.

Even before the dropoff the profitability had been going down and down, to the point where 8x 2680v2s were earning a TOTAL of $3.50/day revenue (less $1.9/day in power cost). Getting bad out there...
Yeah i might bring most of my mining equipment offline. Unless thing drastically change, im not even making enough to pay for the electricity. Probably do so at the end of the month.

mattvirus

Aug 15, 2017
....I've heard that the new fork will actually have a LOWER hashrate, this is why i think direct mining XMR via a pool will be pointless. If anyone thinks I'm wrong please do comment, I'd love to know other peoples views.
say what? I'm confused...

After the fork the hashrate, globally, is going to be lower. I'd bet my house on it. Lower hashrate inherently means lower difficulty and higher profitability (in terms of coin quantity...$$$ value is another issue depending on how the value of the coin plays out during the fork and thereafter).

I think that it comes down to being a matter of what coin you want to mine and have in-hand.....XMR or BTC.... working directly to a pool or to nicehash, i'm sure miner rewards will be higher post-fork....it's just a matter of how the math works out and what you want to be holding as an asset.

funkywizard

mmm.... bandwidth.
Jan 15, 2017
USA
ioflood.com
Ok well, the fork will definitely bring up profitability. A couple coins have already forked to Cryptonight-Heavy, and because you can't buy nicehash to mine them, difficulty has already dropped a lot and should continue to do so.

jims2321

Jul 7, 2013
what cryptonight coins have shifted to the new fork and when is the aeon fork suppose to take place?

funkywizard

mmm.... bandwidth.
Jan 15, 2017
USA
ioflood.com
Most of the major coins are planning to fork sometime this month (April) -- about half the ones I keep track of have already done so.

Last news was that electroneum is going to wait until June to do anything.

ehorn

Jun 21, 2012
Using xmrig 2.5.2 and stratum+tcp://cryptonightv7.LOCATION.nicehash.com:3363

no complaints here...

jims2321

Jul 7, 2013
switched all my rigs except one to xmr to help speed the block crunching to get the difficulty down.