Monero CPU Mining in Docker

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

JrsL

Jan 22, 2018
Total noob here with ubuntu. I was reading this thread and was wondering if you still need to install the application for the cpu miner or just type the code:
docker run -d -e username=example@example.com servethehome/monero_cpu_xmrpooldotnet.

Thanks for the help guys and I have a ton of noob questions to ask :-0

Marsh

May 12, 2013
What OS are you running?
You will need to install docker for your OS first, then run docker run to pull the down the mining docker image from the net.

Edit , sorry , I read that you are using Ubuntu

google ubuntu install docker

Get Docker CE for Ubuntu

JrsL

Jan 22, 2018
btw...
after installing the docker, do i just type the code and change some info to my wallet and chosen pool?

Marsh

May 12, 2013
just type
docker run -d -e username=example@example.com servethehome/monero_cpu_xmrpooldotnet

if the image is not local on your disk, it would download / pull the image file from repository to your local disk.

Reactions: JrsL

mattipatti

Jun 21, 2017
Hey all,

I updated my docker image for XMR-STAK (CPU mining only) to the latest v2.2.0 version. https://hub.docker.com/r/timonmat/xmr-stak-cpu/

It's a small 22mb alpine based image. All the cpu.txt and config.txt variables are definable with env variables. I haven't tested but as xmr-stak supports Aeon, that should work by setting the CURRENCY env variable.