Mobo not posting

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

zunder1990

Nov 15, 2012
mobo=SuperMicro H8SCM-F
cpu=AMD Opteron 4334
ram=m393b5170fho-ch9 4x4gb

I just got the parts for this build. The system will not POST the only sign of life is the LED for BMC Heartbeat blinking. I have tested swapping the PSU from a working system.

I would love any help I can get on this.

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
Any error logs in in the BMC log? Is there zero activity on the system or are you getting post codes? Some of the IPMI firmware versions can show you post codes.

zunder1990

Nov 15, 2012
Any error logs in in the BMC log?
I am not sure how to see it
Is there zero activity on the system or are you getting post codes? Some of the IPMI firmware versions can show you post codes.
It looks like zero life, the cpu and psu fans does not spin.

I will try to connect the NICs to see if I can any status lights.

pricklypunter

Nov 10, 2015
Canada
Checked the dead obvious things? CMOS jumper in right place? Front panel connector actually connected to a working switch? If you can get into the BMC with IPMItool, you should be able to at least attempt a remote power on :)

zunder1990

Nov 15, 2012
Checked the dead obvious things? CMOS jumper in right place?
Yes I checked they are in the factory default location.

Front panel connector actually connected to a working switch?
Yes I tested with a working swtich, also tested it by bridging the pins with a paperclip.

If you can get into the BMC with IPMItool, you should be able to at least attempt a remote power on
I will try that tonight.

zunder1990

Nov 15, 2012
I connected the BMC network port to a switch. The lights was blinking but no dhcp lease was given out to it. I defaulted the bios and still no luck. Is this mobo DOA?