Mining with Dual Socket Motherboard. Supermicro H11DSI-NT.

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Marcus Fain

Feb 25, 2018
I am looking at buying Supermicro H11DSI-NT. Are there other dual socket boards I should consider?

Marcus Fain

Feb 25, 2018
Maybe Super Micro Computer, Inc. - Aplus Products | Motherboards | H11DSi no 10G network?

I'd say you're interested in doing this primarily because you're using the server for something else so you may want 10G
I am a newbie so I am on a learning curve. What is 10G referring to? Also, how does unit you brought to my attention differ from board I mentioned.? I noticed on website that company also offers some builds and not just separate parts. One of those builds might work for me.

alex_stief

May 31, 2016
The difference is exactly that: 10 gigabit ethernet and a few dollars. H11DSI has gigabit ethernet instead of 10G.

Reactions: MiniKnight

Marcus Fain

Feb 25, 2018

Joel

Jan 30, 2015
Looking over the four dual socket boards that Super Micro have, I take it the one that has the best Internet connection is the H11Dsi. I also note it has two Ethernet ports. Any reason why I would want to use both, or do I use just one?
Most servers have dual NICs (as well as dual power supplies) to eliminate as many single points of failure as possible. If you don't have redundant-everything infrastructure, using just one is perfectly fine.