Mining on pc

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

ELit3

Banned
Aug 10, 2017
Texas
Last edited:

StammesOpfer

Mar 15, 2016
I don't mean to sound rude here. It looks like you are trying to build a dedicated mining rig. If that is what you want to do but you haven't put in the research time and are just asking us to tell you want to do, mining may not be right for you. The right GPU may simply be the one that you can find in-stock at a price you are willing to pay. Don't forget to add some RAM to you build and you need a HDD/SSD. To pick a GPU you can play with the calculator at whattomine.com (don't forget to account for the cost of additional Air Conditioning costs). Once you have picked out what GPU and how many then you can properly size your Power supply and determine if you motherboard has enough slots. Also know that profitability is going down on ETH and that it may take a very long time to recoup you costs.

If you want to give this a spin I would try with just one or two cards in an existing desktop. If you don't already have a desktop then I would build the mining rig a little more like a desktop/workstation so that if you decide it isn't right for you you can still get some use out of the computer.

ELit3

Banned
Aug 10, 2017
Texas
I don't mean to sound rude here. It looks like you are trying to build a dedicated mining rig. If that is what you want to do but you haven't put in the research time and are just asking us to tell you want to do, mining may not be right for you. The right GPU may simply be the one that you can find in-stock at a price you are willing to pay. Don't forget to add some RAM to you build and you need a HDD/SSD. To pick a GPU you can play with the calculator at whattomine.com (don't forget to account for the cost of additional Air Conditioning costs). Once you have picked out what GPU and how many then you can properly size your Power supply and determine if you motherboard has enough slots. Also know that profitability is going down on ETH and that it may take a very long time to recoup you costs.

If you want to give this a spin I would try with just one or two cards in an existing desktop. If you don't already have a desktop then I would build the mining rig a little more like a desktop/workstation so that if you decide it isn't right for you you can still get some use out of the computer.
I figured out the mining portion took a few hours of YouTube videos.

Now I just need to build a rig.

I was asking about my pc because I know it has a hdd card in it but when I started the mining script it said it couldn't find one and stopped the script.