Mikrotik CRS504-4XQ-IN...$800?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

RobstarUSA

Sep 15, 2016
Hopefully STH will review this when it's generally available. Anyone else interested in this?

psannz

Jun 15, 2016
Given the love the CRS305-1G-4S+IN got here? Basically, it comes down to when they review it. Not if, but when.

Wonder if L3HW is supported on release day.

RTM

Jan 26, 2014
Interesting device, though a bit out of my price range (not to say needs)

I hoped they would have made it fanless (it has 2 fans), but with a bit of luck they have overbuilt the heatsink like on the CRS317, so the fans don't have to run often and when they do it is at a low speed.
Given the love the CRS305-1G-4S+IN got here? Basically, it comes down to when they review it. Not if, but when.

Wonder if L3HW is supported on release day.
I would be surprised if it did not support L3, a core router with that amount of IO without L3 is kind of meaningless.

RobstarUSA

Sep 15, 2016
I have a feeling it's goinng to be simiilar to the others at "ipv4 only" at least to start. Not all that useful, but the switching capaility is still great for the price.

Reactions: anthros

RobstarUSA

Sep 15, 2016
Product page is now up:

anthros

Dec 16, 2021
Portland, OR USA
At work, I have four cluster nodes with 25 GbE that I’m about to connect via Mellanox’s host-chaining feature. We have a 10-12 workstations (also with 25 GbE cards) that would be great to use as cluster nodes on occasion.

I’d love to set this switch up on an unroutable subnet for HPC traffic only. A new PFC/ROCE switch seems to start at $3K at least. I bet that with only 16 nodes, zero-touch ROCE would be reasonably efficient.

(If anyone has experience with ZTR, I’m all ears).

Reactions: tjk