Mikrotik CRS328-24P-4S recommendations

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

fastman696

Feb 6, 2020
Hello all,

New Mikrotik CRS328-24P-4S owner and I am looking for optical recommendations for the SFP+ ports and cable. I would like to run at least one of SFP+ ports in fiber. The run will be long'ish, about 60-70ft. Would this one be a good choice for the cable: https://www.amazon.com/Fiber-Patch-Cable-Multi-Mode-Transceiver/dp/B088LTR423?th=1 and Amazon.com: 10G SFP+ SR Transceiver, SFP+ to LC Multimode Module Compatible for Ubiquiti UF-MM-10G, 850nm, Duplex LC, 300m, DDM, 2 Pack: Electronics for the SFP+ transceiver?
For the copper Amazon.com: 10G SFP+ RJ45 Copper Transceiver, 10GBase-T Module for Cisco SFP-10G-T-S, Ubiquiti, D- Link, Supermicro, Netgear, Mikrotik (Cat6a/7, 30-Meter): Electronics for the transceiver?

What NIC's would be good?
Thank you for your time.

Falloutboy

Oct 23, 2011
Hello all,

New Mikrotik CRS328-24P-4S owner and I am looking for optical recommendations for the SFP+ ports and cable. I would like to run at least one of SFP+ ports in fiber. The run will be long'ish, about 60-70ft. Would this one be a good choice for the cable: Amazon.com: Fiber Patch Cable - LC to LC OM3 10Gb/Gigabit Multi-Mode Jumper Duplex 50/125 LSZH Fiber Optic Cord for SFP Transceiver, Computer Fiber Networks and Fiber Test Equipment, 20-Meter(65.6ft): Home Audio & Theater and Amazon.com: 10G SFP+ SR Transceiver, SFP+ to LC Multimode Module Compatible for Ubiquiti UF-MM-10G, 850nm, Duplex LC, 300m, DDM, 2 Pack: Electronics for the SFP+ transceiver?
For the copper Amazon.com: 10G SFP+ RJ45 Copper Transceiver, 10GBase-T Module for Cisco SFP-10G-T-S, Ubiquiti, D- Link, Supermicro, Netgear, Mikrotik (Cat6a/7, 30-Meter): Electronics for the transceiver?

What NIC's would be good?
Thank you for your time.
I have a smaller version of the CRS328 the CRS309-1G-8S+IN, I am using MikroTik S+RJ10's for Ethernet and S+85DLC03DI SFP+'s which are 300m 850nm, the only mentions of any possible gotchas is to keep the copper connections to a few ( as they can get quite warm ) and well spaced. They work. I can't comment on the other transceivers you mentioned as I simply don't know but I have some HP rebranded Mellanox cards which while they can't run full tilt in fibre do O.K with a cisco Twinax cable.