MikroTik CRS326-24G-2S+RM Review Inexpensive 24 Port 1GbE Switch

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

elag

Dec 1, 2018
Please note that CSS326 does not have the serial port, only the CRS326 has it.
Switchos does not support SSH or even https access, it only does http. Management is very limited...
That explains the missing serial port

dstanding

Jan 27, 2015
Morristown NJ
Is it just me or does the chassis look like it already has all the provisions to add an internal power supply? And the board has what look like solder points for a 2-pin internal power connector, right next to the external jack...Disappointing.

Deslok

Jul 15, 2015
deslok.dyndns.org
Is it just me or does the chassis look like it already has all the provisions to add an internal power supply? And the board has what look like solder points for a 2-pin internal power connector, right next to the external jack...Disappointing.
Mikrotik recycles a lot going between different hardware versions it's entirely possible that a different switch or router uses the same chassis with a power supply or that some revision of the CRS326/CRS328(which uses the same cpu) uses that board with an internal psu (the fiber only CRS328-4C-20S-4S+RM would be a likely candidate)

pcmoore

Apr 14, 2018
New England, USA
Is it just me or does the chassis look like it already has all the provisions to add an internal power supply?
When I was trying to decide if I wanted to use MikroTik and RouterOS/SwitchOS I picked up a CRS326 to play with and did just that. I also added a small Noctua to help with temperatures when running the 10GbaseT SFP+ modules. Ultimately I decided that RouterOS was a mess, and SwitchOS was far too simplistic for my needs, so I shelved the switch and moved on. I still keep it around to occasionally test new SwitchOS releases to see if things have improved.

Reactions: Patrick

Deslok

Jul 15, 2015
deslok.dyndns.org
When I was trying to decide if I wanted to use MikroTik and RouterOS/SwitchOS I picked up a CRS326 to play with and did just that. I also added a small Noctua to help with temperatures when running the 10GbaseT SFP+ modules. Ultimately I decided that RouterOS was a mess, and SwitchOS was far too simplistic for my needs, so I shelved the switch and moved on. I still keep it around to occasionally test new SwitchOS releases to see if things have improved.

Interesting note, mikrotik sells some internal power supplies for the CCR units I wonder if one of them would fit this switch

MikroTik

pcunite

Dec 10, 2019
Ultimately I decided that RouterOS was a mess, and SwitchOS was far too simplistic for my needs
I've made a guide for these switches. Ultimately, all the different vendors have a syntax that takes some getting used to.

Last edited: