MikroTik CRS226-24G-2S+ (IN=Desktop RM=Rackmount)

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Entz

Apr 25, 2013
Canada Eh?
Yeah my Brocade SFP+s from the Fiberstore worked fine as well ( Didn't work in the Brocade cards but that is another issue :p )

roardognow

Oct 18, 2014
Hi,

i'm pretty unexperienced when it comes to fiber.. what exactly does this switch do? FCoE, regular FC or simply Ethernet with fiber cables?

mervincm

Jun 18, 2014
Simple Ethernet at 1G or 10G over a fiber cable is what I use it for.
that being said, I was under the impression that the point of FCoE was that it could use existing Ethernet hardware (including switches) so I know of no reason why you could not use this device as part of a FCoE deployment.

FC (as in the SCSI command based SAN protocol) is NOT supported.

Dariss

Jun 17, 2014
Anchorage, AK
Yeah my Brocade SFP+s from the Fiberstore worked fine as well ( Didn't work in the Brocade cards but that is another issue :p )
Seconded. I deployed Brocade SFP's from FiberStore and OM4 fiber from them as well. I have it going from a 1036 to the 226. Haven't done much testing other than link and pings.

Lost-Benji

Jan 21, 2013
The arse end of the planet
I have a pile of the RM, 10-port RB's and a 24-port CRS, the whole lot of them got nuked (well my version, more on this shortly) and setup as basic switches. I am sick-to-death with the BS needed to make these shitters work and then the un-explained issues.

The factory shipping config is crap with random naming and ports setups, then if something goes south, you have to keep resetting which goes to a pain-in-ass IP. The setup and use of them scream their Dutch heritage, rude and arrogant.
Replaced them with Lynksys, Cisco, Dell and HP switches along with trusty TP-Links, they work and do what they are told.

TuxDude

Sep 17, 2011
Simple Ethernet at 1G or 10G over a fiber cable is what I use it for.
that being said, I was under the impression that the point of FCoE was that it could use existing Ethernet hardware (including switches) so I know of no reason why you could not use this device as part of a FCoE deployment.

FC (as in the SCSI command based SAN protocol) is NOT supported.
There is a LOT more to FCoE than just regular ethernet packets. I would think it is pretty safe to assume that these switches would not work with FCoE at all.

Alfa147x

Feb 7, 2014
What 10gb cards are folks using on the receiving end? Looking to pair this budget switch something similarly budget friendly.

Err. Sorry for digging up such an old thread. Just noticed the post date...

Last edited:

mervincm

Jun 18, 2014
I have used it with really inexpensive broadcom Netextreme 2 NICs (XFP 850nm MM optics) as well as a mellanox connectx2 series card (sfp+ 850nm SR MM optics), plus the normal intel based card.