MikroTik CRS Switch Cost Analysis Q2 2020

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

PigLover

Jan 26, 2011
Interesting analysis.

Wondering, though, about how you are really holding up during this home lockdown. Talking with yourself? Re: 2nd sentence - "Part of this is a discussion I had with Patrick...". :)

Edit: notice the byline changed to Rohit. Makes more sense now!

Last edited:

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
I may have made a flub copy/pasting into WP and editing. If I put it into WP I have to manually change back to the correct author. Forgot to do that but figured it out about 5 min after go-live luckily before all the RSS feeds picked it up.

I told @William today, Rohit and I had the idea late last night and we had the article and video up less than 13 hours later.

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
Very nice. Please add links to the models you have already reviewed:)

William

May 7, 2015
Interesting analysis.

Wondering, though, about how you are really holding up during this home lockdown. Talking with yourself? Re: 2nd sentence - "Part of this is a discussion I had with Patrick...". :)

Edit: notice the byline changed to Rohit. Makes more sense now!
He does talk to himself a lot. You should hear him on a phone call, sometimes I think its a big conference call LOL :)

Reactions: Patrick

elag

Dec 1, 2018
I really miss the CRS328 in this overview: 4 10Gb ports + 24 POE 1Gb ports, is that model not available in the US? With 4 10Gb ports it might fit a lot of cases where the CRS305 is just too small, and you need additional 1 Gb ports, especially with POE. It has served me pretty well in my home network.

My CRS317 has had some port flapping when connected to the CRS328 but that got fixed by a HW repair of the CRS317 by Mikrotik. My S+RJ10 Rev 1 however had some issues when it was in the CRS328 (probably temparature related, as it had a lot less cooling due to the limited space for SFP ports in the CRS328). One note though: do not expect a good HW service from Mikrotik: the repair took more than 3 months.