Microsoft Surface Issues - Touch Keyboard Cover and Other Concerns

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
I decided to add a few gotchas on the Microsoft Surface into a small thread. Others with the Microsoft Surface may want to join in. First, the Microsoft Surface's Touch Keyboard cover seems to have a defect. I am now on my second Touch keyboard. The separation occurs where the keyboard surface joins with the magnet/ wire area. Both keyboards had this happen within a 12 day timeline. The material separates leaving the ribbon cable exposed, especially when the cover is flipped to the rear of the Microsoft Surface.

The second one is perhaps more annoying. In some editors... such as the vBulletin 4 one I am typing in, Internet Explorer 10 RT does not register the "Enter" or "Return" keystroke. As a result you get long paragraphs like this. For those wondering, I found a fix to the "Enter" and "Return" issue. You can switch to the desktop browser and then use compatibility mode. Would be nice to have Chrome.