Microsoft prepaid O365 subscription tenant region

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Evan

Jan 6, 2016
Hi,

I need to setup a new tenant for M365/O365 for a requirement and I can’t really find and answer to my question.
Can prepaid subscription cards purchased in USA be used and applied to a tenant not located in USA, eg Asia or Australia ?

(subscriptions are for Office 365 business premium)

I wound just try it except i don’t want to create the tenant as a trial and find out it doesn’t work only to go back have to remove the tenant and do it again.

If anybody has an insights please let me know.

(of course I can also use West Coast USA as well but latency wise it wound be better to be elsewhere)

Evan

Jan 6, 2016
@Roelf Zomerman thanks for the feedback, will give it a go tomorrow and see if it works.
(I will just do some latency testing first to make sure i am actually locating the tenant in the right country anyway. Sometimes assumptions are not always right)

I am surprised credit cards don’t work cross country, I never had cause to try with Microsoft but seems a painful limitation.