Microsoft action pack internal use rights

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Evan

Jan 6, 2016
It would seem come mid 2020 that Microsoft will not longer allow action pack internal use of software for business purposes.
Aside from not wanting to do anything illegal if I only needed 2 users full O365 it would seem a ‘O365 business premium’ subscription would meet my needs currently.
There is prepaid options that mean each user is below $100 per year (that’s all basic office apps and full O365 (domain, exchange email 50gb, 1TB sharepoint, teams / SfB)

Am I missing anything or is there a better (cheaper option), I should mention heavy usage of apple ecosystem but they don’t really offer anything that makes sense as I can see for somebody who needs a domain also.

Evan

Jan 6, 2016
Just as a reference...

“Effective July 1, 2020, we will retire the internal use rights (IUR) association with the product licenses partners to receive in the Microsoft Action Pack and included with a competency. Product license use rights will be updated to be used for business development scenarios such as demonstration purposes, solution/services development purposes, and internal training.

Beginning October 1, 2019, the product licenses included with competencies will be specific to the competency you attain. Please review the benefits you will receive with your competency in Partner Center at time of purchase. Additional licenses can be purchased through commercial licensing to run your business.”

StevenDTX

Aug 17, 2016
If you need the desktop apps, business premium is probably your best bet. If you don’t need the full desktop apps, you get everything else on essentials for a bit cheaper.

Evan

Jan 6, 2016
Yep for 2 users need desktop apps on Windows, Mac OS, iOS. I know can get cheap home and business O365 but figured I don’t want the annoyance of different subscriptions and especially when I saw these prepaid subscriptions for business essentials.

will pick up a couple and try and if it works fine probably drop the action pack anyway as everything I do I can either use work license or just demo license.